Thread: R.N.T.F. Watches

Default R.N.T.F. Watches

Hello all,

My first post on the forum, I clearly need to get more involved as I have a real passion for military watches, especially Longines!

I came across a watch which I hadn't seen before in my searches, caseback signed with R.N.T.F. and british military broad arrow. Google teaching leads me to R.N.T.F. standing for Royal Navy Torpedo Factory and one watch which sold on eBay in 2014 (not the same as mine) http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TUDOR-ROYAL-R...-/151245290205 other than this there isn't a whole lot of information I can find regarding these watches.

Does anyone have any input or experience with R.N.T.F. watches?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

Default auction image

Rear inscription is R.N.T.F. 127, followed by the number 1737
    RNTF refers to the Royal Navy Torpedo Factory, and the watch was my father's, who worked at the Alexandria, Scotland factory - an internet search suggests the number 127 refers to this factory...
    Last edited by dave; 03-14-2017 at 11:29. Reason: added the second quote.

The auction description also refers to the royal navy torpedo factory. Have you read it?

yes it can be a pain but is there any possibility that you could post some images.

instructions for posting images to the forum -

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...s-to-the-forum

I tried to reply yesterday but for some reason It wouldn't post from my computer.

Thanks for linking the image from the previous thread Dave.

I did of course read the eBay add, but it doesn't actually give any information that didn't come up through google. It just confirms the existence of these watches. Although the eBay add doesn't mention the broad arrow, everything else is very similar.

I will try and post some photos later as I know that's always helpful. It doesn't seem as though there's a whole lot of information out there though?