Thread: Clock and Watch Fair .12th March 2017 Birmingham UK

Default Clock and Watch Fair .12th March 2017 Birmingham UK

Hi, I'm going, anyone else?.

Yes, I am.

Haydock one is no more this year so looking forward to the Birmingham ones.

Always like going, having a catch up and natter and always manage to come away with something.

See you there.

Much there chaps? Any sm300s (non mil)? Love to hear from anyone who went.

Nothing for me. Just bought something to cover expenses, and maybe a drink.

I wanted to go but was the little ones bday - so no chance for me to go... will try and get the next one...

Why don't we have fun stuff like this in the states?

Fun might be stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by tmw57 View Post
    There are use to go to chapter 5 NAWCC mart every other month when I lived in the bay area miss that. And then the Pasadena NAWCC regional I all ways found good buys the few times I went.

Yes it was pretty good depending on what you are looking for. Picked up a really nice non working Rotary aquaplunge and a Smiths Astral 17 jewel with nice textured dial again non working. Some usual faces there so had a good catch up plus the largest yellow cab truck I've ever seen parked outside the entrance.

With its plastic chrome grill...yuck. I saw the aquaplunge, didn't enquire, Good luck with it though, it looked in good cosmetic condition. Well done on the Smith's. I just nabbed a 19 mm beads of rice omega bracelet for 40. Figured it would clear my 10 entry and the bacon and egg Cobb's

Quote Originally Posted by jy72 View Post
    Yes it was pretty good depending on what you are looking for. Picked up a really nice non working Rotary aquaplunge and a Smiths Astral 17 jewel with nice textured dial again non working. Some usual faces there so had a good catch up plus the largest yellow cab truck I've ever seen parked outside the entrance.
    Yes I saw the huge Pick-up Truck ,I would need a ladder to get in it I sold a couple of watches but didn't buy at all. A used German Military Timepiece book I was interested in sold before I got to it for 100 which was too rich for me anyway, A new one only costs a few pounds more. I saw a Triple Weight Vienna in immaculate condition but as I only have short life expectancy I didn't ask price. It was nice though.
    It was only 5 admission and I was in Queue at 9am to get in. I was disappointed there was no solely dedicated Horological Book seller there as I need to see if I can shift my set of "Watch and Clockmakers Handbook Dictionary and Guide" that's taken me 50yrs to collect.
    I paid 7.50 to get into the actual Motorcycle Displays and was totally amazed by the exhibits, The Variety and Pristine Conditions. I had to edit post as I forgot to mention I was wearing my Omega Fat Arrow watch and it received a lot of interest and offers from 180 and up to 2100, but its not for sale.

8am entry =10

It was this stupid thing.

Last edited by foilguy; 03-13-2017 at 02:06.

Yep, that was certainly it. Couldn't miss it really.

Fair was OK nothing fantastic apart from the one seller trying to move on an Omega 6b/159 in a really shit case for 1650. The truck was the highlight of the day, kind of matched the over inflated watch market perfectly..

Quote Originally Posted by tmw57 View Post
    Because you have the NYSE and (big) private retirement savings accounts. Too much money floating around, everything gets swept up even before anyone gets to pay for a bricks and mortar location !

Quote Originally Posted by Hut27 View Post
    I was wearing my Omega Fat Arrow watch and it received a lot of interest and offers from 180 and up to 2100, but its not for sale.
    Ha ha, can't imagine what it would have been if it had been me.
    Went to my first watch event in November and just about every seller seeing a woman tried to unload their lemons, including a 34 mm Longines 13ZN which looked lovely except the enamel dial was fake and the guy wanted 4500 euros for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hut27 View Post
    I was disappointed there was no solely dedicated Horological Book seller there as I need to see if I can shift my set of "Watch and Clockmakers Handbook Dictionary and Guide" that's taken me 50yrs to collect...
    we have a sub-forum where you can advertise things like this -

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forum...nd-Accessories

the main requirement is that you state a price.

as I'm sure you know the Omega FA is a great watch -

but to offer 180, well there certainly were some clowns there.