Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Knopfler/Bravehearts children's charity watch auctions

Default Mark Knopfler/Bravehearts children's charity watch auctions

Hi all.
    Just a heads up and to gather some support really.

I will be holding six watch auctions from the 16th of March to the 26th of March on eBay (starting at 9pm UK time) with all proceeds from the auctions going to the children's charity Bravehearts.
    Mark is the patron of the children’s charity which is based in the North East of England and was founded to recognise the exceptional courage shown by children who are battling illness or adversity. Parents, nurses, friends and family are able to nominate children so their courage can be recognised. This happens at special awards ceremonies where the children are rewarded by receiving a Bravehearts crystal and a gift of their choice.

I hope there is something which you might fancy owning in these lots, the main thing is fund raising but the winning bidders will get a pretty much unique watch with a great story attached. The auctions will add provenance to the watches too - so worth printing out the photos and details if you win and not forgetting by bidding and winning all proceeds will go to put a smile on a child's face, what could be better?
    If you fancy just donating to Bravehearts, however little, that would also be a great help and very much appreciated.
    Link to Bravehearts here> http://www.brave-hearts.com/

Please spread the word too if you can!

The watches on offer are>
    1. TAG Heuer Kirium chronograph. This is Mark’s personal property and will come with a TAG Heuer box signed by Mark.
    2. IWC vintage watch. This again is Mark’s personal watch. The watch will be auctioned with a signed strap.
    3. Lum-Tec watch. limited edition number 1 of 50. The strap signed by Mark.
    4. Lemania vintage military watch. The strap signed by Mark.
    5. Hamilton vintage General service military type watch. The strap signed by Mark.
    6. Hamilton vintage military 6B watch. The strap signed by Mark

The military watches have all been serviced by John Senior.

I will add more details of each of the watches including the serial numbers in each of the six auctions.
    So please search on eBay for "Mark Knopfler Bravehearts charity auction" on the 16th of March after 9pm and each of the six auctions will be found, I will also add a link to my eBay shop on the 16th of March too.

Here are some links to The Bravehearts charity, Mark's web page and social media pages.
    http://www.brave-hearts.com/
    http://www.markknopfler.com/
    https://twitter.com/MarkKnopfler?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr ^author
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMarkKnopflerNews/

Thanks Michael

nice one Michael and good luck in your fundraising..

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    nice one Michael and good luck in your fundraising..

Thank you Dave, and many thanks for letting me post this here.
    Cheers Michael

A great cause so I'll be having a punt, definitely not money for nothing

Love Mark Knopfler! One of the best songwriters and guitarists ever.
    Cordially,
    ~Burgs

I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day that something could go wrong... - Inspector O

I never knew MK was a watch fan - and vintage mil watch fan at that.

This and his love of motorbikes means we have a lot in common, I might stalk him until we're full and firm friends.

(Also he hangs out with Bob Dylan. We could all hang out together, the three of us! I can see it now . . . it's only a matter of time.)
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under £4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for £5. Recently their price seems to have risen to £8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I never knew MK was a watch fan - and vintage mil watch fan at that.

This and his love of motorbikes means we have a lot in common, I might stalk him until we're full and firm friends.

(Also he hangs out with Bob Dylan. We could all hang out together, the three of us! I can see it now . . . it's only a matter of time.)
    Too bad you can't still add "Guitar George" to the mix with Mark and Bob. That would be quite the quartet.

Good luck on the auction! Great cause and terrific watches!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Michael,

all the listings are showing -

This listing ***** has been removed, or this item isn't available.

What a great cause. I've met some incredibly courageous children during the past year, I'll certainly be putting in some bids.

Default auction images #1

VINTAGE LEMANIA MILITARY W.W.W, MARK KNOPFLER BRAVEHEARTS CHARITY AUCTION #1

Default auction images #2

VINTAGE IWC CAL 89 GENTS WATCH, MARK KNOPFLER BRAVEHEARTS CHARITY AUCTION #2

Default auction images #3

TAG HEUER KIRIUM CHRONOGRAPH WATCH, MARK KNOPFLER BRAVEHEARTS CHARITY AUCTION #3

Default auction images #4

LUM-TEC M62 LIMITED EDITION 1/50 , MARK KNOPFLER BRAVEHEARTS CHARITY AUCTION #4

Default auction images #5

VINTAGE HAMILTON GS MILITARY STYLE, MARK KNOPFLER BRAVEHEARTS CHARITY AUCTION #5

Default auction images #6

VINTAGE HAMILTON RAF 6B MILITARY , MARK KNOPFLER BRAVEHEARTS CHARITY AUCTION #6

Thank you for all the above Dave.
    Cheers Michael

Dave,

I don't think you get enough credit or thanks for reposting "big screen" auction images onto the forum for the rest of us to enjoy.
    Speaking for myself, it enhances my enjoyment of the forum immensely!
    Cordially,
    ~Burgs

I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day that something could go wrong... - Inspector O

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Dave,

I don't think you get enough credit or thanks for reposting "big screen" auction images onto the forum for the rest of us to enjoy.
    Speaking for myself, it enhances my enjoyment of the forum immensely!
    +1, thanks Dave
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under £4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for £5. Recently their price seems to have risen to £8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)