Thread: Benrus Type I - any input/thoughts?

Default Benrus Type I - any input/thoughts?

I just bought this Benrus type 1, blind, any input/thoughts? has a return policy if need be, showed a few ppl before and said it looks legit.
    Last edited by dave; 03-06-2017 at 16:12. Reason: moved to a new thread.

Default auction images

RARE 1979 BENRUS 17J SPECIAL FORCES MILITARY TYPE I CLASS A WRIST WATCH!

Sold for: US $2,999.00 - Buy It Now

Last edited by dave; 03-06-2017 at 16:14. Reason: general.

no one?

Quote Originally Posted by orenb View Post
    no one?
    Hi... I believe you only posted this a couple hours ago. Sometimes it takes a bit of time to get a response, especially since there are many international members here.

Yes, this watch looks good, but that seller also sold another one that appeared to have a lot of issues. There is a thread from the past week or two that discusses both watches and some concerns.

This watch looks good. The case, bezel, hands, and dial look good. If the correct movement is in there, then you should be good. Based on the other problem watch that the seller was selling, examine it carefully to make sure it's everything it should be.
    Last edited by cj415; 03-08-2017 at 19:05.

this is probably the thread in question -

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...VER-WATCH-quot

Hi orenb, welcome to the forum, I'm a newbie too, and also a big fan of the Benrus types. The watch 2022 on Daves page ? looks fine to me also. You take a chance every time you buy one without actually seeing the movement. Most of what is known about the Benrus types is based on owners information, and speculation. I really wish someone, or a group of people on this site would get together and and correlate what they know, and publish a guide. I must have looked at a hundred examples online and on the forums, and there are slight differences in the models. Is there a chance you could post a pic of your watch showing the back , especially the back of the crown and its surround. There is a lot of talk about fakes and copies, but to date there has not been a single one to my knowledge, that could fool someone familiar with the real thing. I own 4 of these watches, 2 with anomalies. and anomalies do exist. it would be nice to see these differences actually recorded. G

OK thanks for the info. I paid $2500 . waiting for it to come in still (I'm in canada) new to this watch and took a gamble.

So finally got it to canada, wondering if its legit? the dial and hands look too perfect? they still Lume? (triangle on the bezel lumes as well?)

That lume looks well preserved as does the rest of the watch and appears original and will still glow as mine did when I owned that model.. Something to keep in mind is that not everything which is well preserved and in excellent condition has been messed with..

Awesome! ill have the watch opened up? anything special to tell my watch maker? I guess all the horror stories from previous posts got me scared but glad its kosher (so far) . Such a cool watch.

The disassembly is pretty straight forward like most front loaders - pop the bezel off, unscrew the crystal retaining ring, remove crystal, undo the two piece stem (which pulls apart), and the movement will just drop out..