Thread: Charlie Chaplain

Default Charlie Chaplain

With the Dutch elections only a few days away I couldn't help thinking that the only thing missing from the times we are living in is a re-release of the film, The Great Dictator.. I once read that Hitler found the film amusing. The fact that he could find humor in his own evil gets the alarm bells ringing, and those bells seem to be ringing again all across Europe and other parts of the world, and feeding a global economy that is giving way to protectionism. The refugee crises in the Middle East has created a migration upheaval on a scale not seen since the end of WW2 and I've become addicted to BBC.com over the past year and can't help thinking that this a a great time to be a political cartoonist..so how's your day going?
    Last edited by lambstew; 03-05-2017 at 08:53.

It is frightening really. When you consider that the US in particular and the world in general is flat broke it makes a bit more sense. The US has been importing poverty covertly for two decades and while the illegals are celebrated as being hard working folks just looking for a better life, their families who are baby machines, don't add at all and their children even less. The government really has no idea how many illegals and their families are actually here. They say 11M but it could just as easily be 20M. Mexicans are wonderful people with a family driven culture. They are also taken by the hand by Catholic Charities who are paid millions to lead these families through the system and expedite the free food, free housing, free medical and dental, free education and anything else that isn't tied down. The financial burden in California alone is $10B US a year. At the same time, these folks are sending back to Mexico tax free $26B US in 2016. They also ignore laws like drivers licenses and insurance on a scale beyond belief. This burden would kill any economy quickly and it has. Jobs that used to go to high school kids and are now filled by 40 year olds. It simply can't go on like this much longer. Adolf Trump has promised to do something about it and since nobody else seems to want to, we hired him. My gut feeling is that in the UK a similar situation is underway and that island can only hold so many souls. Their exit from the EU seems very much like the Trump revolt without guns. I think that Frau Merkel stepped in shit big time when she opened up the doors and the cash box for 7-800,000 uneducated and unskilled military aged men from the middle east. I am glad I don't live there. The liberals across the globe do their Virtue signalling and tell everyone how wonderful all of this is, how kind and inclusive they all are for going along with the plan. Global economy, global warming, globalists, it's just the act of busting up successful countries and forming them into a mob that is easier to control in mega cities instead of out on their own causing problems for the mega wealthy.
    You are right, it is the same as WW2 only everyone needs Lebensraum and there's none left in Europe. This situation could just as easily go very wrong. Countries with any sense have merit based immigration. If you can't bring anything to the host country, you stay out. That is the way it will go in the future. I just hope that the liberals can realize this and that Trump, Putin and Netanyahu don't start another war in the process. I have no hope whatsoever that the liberals and progressives will ever learn anything except virtue signalling, their idea of getting things done. While I await the end of civilization, I love watching Charlie Chaplain's granddaughter Oona.

"They also ignore laws like drivers licenses and insurance on a scale beyond belief."

We have similar issues next door. In 2007 I was broadsided (thank God for airbags) by a Mexican female who took off running down the road after she hit me. I called Phoenix's finest in blue and when the officer showed up, he asked me where was the other driver?
    I advised that she took off running down the street, he just shook his head and said I hope your insurance will cover you because usually in these cases YOU will get screwed.
    Police report stated the car was unregistered (plate was to another vehicle), the driver was unknown and to the best of their knowledge... no insurance.
    I'm with USAA, they say no problem, we'll take care of it (both cars were totaled).
    After a couple of months, I received a letter from an attorney stating that I was being sued by the male owner of the car for damages to both the vehicle and himself ( he claimed he was in the car at the time).
    I submitted the letter to USAA and never heard anything else about it...
    What a crock of shit some of these Mexican illegals and their Mexican attorney's will try to pass onto the unknowing victims.
    msa6712
    Z-7

This is why we hired Trump. The children don't ever see or hear anything like this so their virtue signalling is enough. They are still in the middle of their tantrum.

Up here in Canada we're obviously exposed to what's going on and directly affected. These two men tried to cross over into Canada when their visas ran out and nearly froze to death:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...ipeg-1.3923430

Hey Dave
    You mite be wrong on US immigration I use to work for the city of Fremont. I could not afford to live there I drove a hour to get to work that how far I had to live to afford it. But half of Fremont are immigrants from all parts of the world china, India all parts of the Muslim world and others they are doing better than me plus paying taxes that paid my wages as a city worker and those federal taxes also paid for any federal benefits most Americans use. When in boot camp my company commander was a Filipino immigrant and a chief petty officer plus my boot camp company was multi racial they serve in the military also they do pay there way from what I saw with my own eye's. There been a few shooting lately due to this hate and they were not even Muslim just for they looked Muslim kind of sad. When my first relatives came to the USA in the1800's they were probably made fun of by the way they dressed and talked and looked this all ways repeats it self in US history. My hats off to that one American who got shot trying to stop that guy shooting those two people from India because some moron thought they were Muslim that's guy a hero to bad more Americans don't think that way.

A little city of Fremont History since Charlie Chaplain filmed a few movies there since I mentioned Fremont above. See link.
    http://www.metroactive.com/papers/me...ices-9822.html

Mike, Not once did I mention "immigrants". I was referring to illegals and you are right about some of them, they are doing well enough to send $26B a year back to Mexico. Very few are paying any taxes beyond sales tax. I'm not trying to be rude, but are Swedish Immigrants driving around crashing into people and abandoning their cars? Do they attempt to sue the victim? No and no. I also never mentioned Filipinos, Muslims or Indians. I am not anti-immigrant I am against being screwed over by a bunch of criminal fence jumpers who play us like a fiddle. I suggest you look up "Virtue Signalling".

+River Rat we have a lot in common. I went to Washington High School in Fremont in the early 70's. We would ride our horses in the foot hills and ride thur rows of fruit trees and eat pears, apricots and oranges right off the trees. I live a while in Niles right on the Main Street, first house on the left but it may be gone. There was a hugh old nursery next door very cool. We rode horses all over that country in those days....Thanks for bringing back a great memory....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mccoy View Post
    +River Rat we have a lot in common. I went to Washington High School in Fremont in the early 70's. We would ride our horses in the foot hills and ride thur rows of fruit trees and eat pears, apricots and oranges right off the trees. I live a while in Niles right on the Main Street, first house on the left but it may be gone. There was a hugh old nursery next door very cool. We rode horses all over that country in those days....Thanks for bringing back a great memory....
    Hey Scott
    Use to take care of that old Nursery it was called California Nursery the City now owns it they use to lease it to Naka a old Japanese guy but some one else started it up in the 1800's the city use to buy tree's and other plants from him he was cool to talk to knew his stuff about plants then part of it was a park. Naka passed away and his kids wanted nothing to do with the nursery business. So I heard the city got plans for it turning it into a historical park there a old Adobe supposedly used by the Spanish military just before Calif. became a state they rent it out for wedding and other things now. It was one of the oldest nursery's in Calif. You go in the back they have old oak trees that were left in there big wooded boxes at the turn of the century the wood all rotted away so you see this huge trees with root ball above ground just kind of cool. Also took care of Niles community park they had these big ponds were we my boss planted bald cypress trees in the water so it looks like your in a swamp. I guess you can tell I miss my work. Use talk to this old guy who owned this antique watch and clock shop called the store in Niles he said in the 1950's kids could walk down Niles to the canyon with 22 rifles and no one would notice I bought a few watches from him the Store no more now out of Business.
    Last edited by river rat; 03-09-2017 at 12:14.

I remember those old trees still in what was left of their wood boxes but growing great. There was a hugh Sago Palm that was just a giant. I walked all over that Nursery over the years. It was cool. The whole town was a throw back to 1880, main street and all the old houses....A little gem....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mccoy View Post
    I remember those old trees still in what was left of their wood boxes but growing great. There was a hugh Sago Palm that was just a giant. I walked all over that Nursery over the years. It was cool. The whole town was a throw back to 1880, main street and all the old houses....A little gem....
    That Sago palm had to be real old they are real slow growers takes many years to get that large. One thing about MT to cold for palm tree's and a few other tree's I like did plant some fruit tree's on my property some apple tree's and a few apricot tree's and some Colorado spruce tree's. Do you remember Shinn park there's a big old house built in 1876 built by a sea captain with tree's he brought back in his travels from around the world there are dates when they were planted with the botanical names plaques on them plus a Japanese garden there it's off Peralta Blvd another cool park there.

Mite of got some of the story wrong
    http://missionpeakreporter.org/shinn-estate.php
    Last edited by river rat; 03-11-2017 at 06:55.

Has Trump signed an executive order banning the use of the return key?