Thread: VINTAGE GLYCINE COMBAT

Default VINTAGE GLYCINE COMBAT

I found this vintage Glycine Combat but there is not much info about this model on the internet. This vintage Glycine Combat is the only such example I have come across. I have read however that this model was produced in limited numbers in the 1960s and production could in fact have only totaled about 100. Movement is a Glycine signed ETA. Can anyone here shed some light on this beautiful watch?

Last edited by erpin9; 02-17-2017 at 03:21.

Sorry, can't provide any specific information on the Glycine, but had this one for a while...

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...896#post222896

They are really pretty rare. They were made for just a couple of years 66-67? They have the same type of hacking unit as the Airman and and a nice ETA 2472 or something like that. They are cased in a super compressor snap back case. If you notice the tiny hole in the 12, that's where the wire comes out to stop the second hand as a hack. If your hacking unit is still working, they are worth a few hundred dollars. They are not as large as the Airman but are a perfect sized automatic. Glycine made a dress watch in a similar case at this time called a Vacuum. The same watch was sold under the name Consul. Neither had the hacking feature.

Last May I had an opportunity to repair the hack on a vintage Glycine Combat, the only one I've seen. The hack mechanism is exactly the same as the Glycine Airman. Dave H. is correct, it had an ETA caliber 2472 movement. The serial number was 966846, which would indicate a manufacture date of 1968.

James Sadilek -- ccwatchmaker

Glycine Heritage

James did a fantastic job...i've added another since then...a Bailey Banks & Biddle branded version (s/n 922170)

Last edited by jmh86325; 02-20-2017 at 15:51.
    Seamaster 300 M quartz
    58' seamaster
    Zodiac Seawolf(s)& GMT
    GLYCINE AIRMAN & COMBAT
    TAG F1
    6309-7040..7549-7010
    6105(S)
    Seiko Sea Lion Cr-220
    and others

Quote Originally Posted by James Sadilek View Post
    Last May I had an opportunity to repair the hack on a vintage Glycine Combat, the only one I've seen. The hack mechanism is exactly the same as the Glycine Airman. Dave H. is correct, it had an ETA caliber 2472 movement. The serial number was 966846, which would indicate a manufacture date of 1968.

James Sadilek -- ccwatchmaker

Glycine Heritage
    Hi James the wire hack mechanism on my Glycine is not functioning at the moment. I will send you a pm. Thanks.