Thread: Omega 1953 RAF watch

Default Omega 1953 RAF watch

Hi. I have what I believe to be an RAF omega 1953 watch. Does anybody know how much these are selling for? I believe it is all original as I have had it for 20 years and it was my grandads before me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Photos would help.

A good example of a "fat arrow" dial version is currently 2k+. The same, but with "thin arrow" dial will be considerably more, but pricing is inconsistent due to rarity. Probably 3k+, though one recently sold for a stupid sum of over 4K which seems a lot for just a different dial....

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I don't think the forum will let me post images. I will have a look on the settings to see if I can change.

here are some instructions for posting images to the forum -

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...s-to-the-forum

Hope this works!

Thank you again for the help

Nice! A fat arrow in great original condition. As mentioned above, easily 2K+ - any pics of the all important caseback?

Fat arrow. Dial and hands look excellent, so if it includes its "dust cover" and dust cover retaining spring (aka "doohickey") then I'd say 2250. Drop 100 if those parts are missing. You'll need to pop the case back off to see if these parts are present. Movement serial number should begin with three digits approximately in the range of 128 - 132 which it almost certainly will.

Thank you for your response. I wouldn't feel confident enough to take the back off it as I have no experience at all in this field! Any ideas about where to sell the watch?

There is the PX a sub forum here
    http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forum...st-Exchange-PX
    Then Ebay so two places to sell it.