Thread: A good book to read about some thing not in US History books

Default A good book to read about some thing not in US History books

This will be the next book I read a story that's not in the history books the US gov covered it up the Captain of the USS Liberty a US Navy ship got the medial of Honor not in the white house but in the Navy yard the secretary of the Navy gave it to him the President normally gives it so to hide it under the rug. Really surprised with the story the book covers were 34 us sailors died and 173 wounded when there ship was attacked in 1967 and attacked by a country I thought was a ally on all US Navy ships the US Flag is hung high for every body to see they knew who they were attacking and got away scot free doing it. Should be a interesting book to read of unknown history of the USA this should be in schools history books. There were over 800 holes from machine gun fire, missiles, and cannon fire in the ship and napalm was used in the attack of a US Naval ship dam the US did nothing. The ship even dropped life rafts in the water just incase it sinks and aircraft strafe them with machine gun fire to sink them WTF.
    Assault on the Liberty
    By James Ennes
    https://www.amazon.com/Assault-Liber...on+the+liberty
    A little audio from the book
    http://www.ussliberty.org/audio/aotlch06.mp3

Since I looked up this true story here are some thoughts unmarked sterile aircraft to make we think it was Egypt to get the US into the 6 day war. There communication jammed by info from spy Jonathan Jay Pollard who spied for Israel may he rot in hell hope Trump don't get soft and let the Israel gov. pay him and early release from probation to go to Israel since he is buddy buddy with Israel hope they don't move our embassy they got the blood of 34 US sailors killed and 173 wounded on there hands . And they screwed our British allies during the Falkland's war by selling ammunition to Argentina during the war that ammo was dropped from Argentinian Navy aircraft that sunk and damage some ships the British were allies and treated us like allies same as the Australians my Grandmother was from Australia. We better treat our real allies better than the ones that stab us in the back. One thing I can say good about Obama he treated Israel the right way every other would kiss there ass the stars and strips fly high on any US Naval ship they knew they were attacking a US Naval ship the crew of it still trying to get war crimes on Israel for this so contact your congressman and make this happen they deserve justice even if it happened in 1967 and they in Washington been trying to bury it since 1967 it should see the light of day and the crew still alive deserve justice.
    Last edited by river rat; 02-03-2017 at 07:49.

Here is some thing interesting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRFvRcX2Sz0

An then I thought It would be about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Peop..._United_States :-)

When I was reading about 1967 war I found about the Liberty. The incident is covered on wikipedia quite well so it isn't a big secret. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

About the justice: "In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 (US$22.9 million 2017) in compensation to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457 to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement for the final U.S. bill of $17,132,709 for material damage to Liberty herself plus 13 years' interest."

I don't know how this could be called war crime if Israel and USA were not at war.

Well there was no declaration of war when the Japanese attacked Pearl harbor and after the war it went to trail as a war crime. Tell me the deference between them they were both sneak attacks. You paint over the marking of your aircraft so you don't know who is attacking you block communications so planned and you hope stupid America think it's Egypt to take out the Arabs and do there dirty work for them not a bad plan that did not work.

The fact that both governments decided that it wasn't a war makes it no war. The reparations were paid to the families. Was it Israeli ploy to USA to attack Egypt? Its hard to tell. Sometimes mistakes are made, cameras are mistaken for RPGs, and so on. It is not certain if aircraft were not marked. Much time has passed, the memory changes. As for attacking without declaration of war or without any justification... it also happens, 1983, 2003.... were those also war crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by A.Pietras View Post
    The fact that both governments decided that it wasn't a war makes it no war. The reparations were paid to the families. Was it Israeli ploy to USA to attack Egypt? Its hard to tell. Sometimes mistakes are made, cameras are mistaken for RPGs, and so on. It is not certain if aircraft were not marked. Much time has passed, the memory changes. As for attacking without declaration of war or without any justification... it also happens, 1983, 2003.... were those also war crimes?
    The Cover Up
    Despite a near-universal consensus that the Israeli attack was made with full knowledge that USS Liberty was a US Navy ship, the Johnson administration began an immediate cover-up of this fact.*Though administration officers continued individually to characterize the attack as deliberate, the Johnson administration never sought the prosecution of the guilty parties or otherwise attempted to seek justice for the victims. They concealed and altered evidence in their effort to downplay the attack.*Though they never formally accepted the Israeli explanation that it was an accident, they never pressed for a full investigation either. They simply allowed those responsible literally to get away with murder.

In an ongoing effort to reveal the truth about the attack, the USS Liberty Veterans Association has filed with the Secretary of the Army in the manner prescribed by law a detailed, fully documented Report of War Crimes describing the circumstances of the attack on our ship and evidence that it was a crime under international law. In accordance with international law and treaties, the United States is obligated to investigate the allegations. So far, the United States has declined even to acknowledge that the report has been filed. The full text of the report can be found at http://www.gtr5.com/evidence/warcrimes.pdf

A lot of evidence on that PDF file And was summited June 8,2005 on the anniversary of the attack under the Bush administration so both party's want to bury it under the rug.
    Last edited by river rat; 02-03-2017 at 17:03.