Thread: My grail, my high school year Tudor Submariner

Default My grail, my high school year Tudor Submariner

Friends,
    I have located and acquired my grail. A tudor submariner watch from 1981(black dial Mercedes hands) . I graduated from a very well known parochial school (Our Lady Of The 33rd Precinct, the Bronx) in 1981. And guess what........yep, this watch is already engraved M.N.81. I don't know who's it was, but somebody loved them to get them a graduation present and engrave it commemorating the event. If I knew who's it was, I would gladly give it to them, cause I bet they had to sell it for some emergency, or it was stolen. If anyone recognizes such a missing watch, and can prove to me it is your initials, it is yours. Otherwise, I will grind out the M.N. and replace it with J.C., my initials, leaving the 81, the year I graduated.

I also will do some other mods, since I have the keen ability to perform such simple tasks. I don't own a Mercedes, I own a BMW..........so I am going to make the hands BWW'd instead of Mercedes'd hands.........cool huh? I know I know, how come no one thought up that earlier...........cause I am smart!

Next I will drill out the little pearl pip on the bezel, and replace it with a screw head. That way, when I mark a particular spot on the dial by rotating the bezel, I can easily be reminded that if the minute hand passes that mark..........I am late........I am screwed.........get it ?....I Know, I know, why hasn't anybody thought of that till now, because I am smart!

I am a lucky, lucky man indeed!

MN 81....... Marine Nationale 1981, French Naval Issue. Don't grind anything out.

But I have to............only way to put my initials on it...............!

By the way what's a marine nationale anyway, and what's it got to do with my grail watch, my graduation year and my initials, I hit the jackpot here............agreed ?

Nice Bro. How much did you pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Carmichael View Post
    Friends,
    I have located and acquired my grail. A tudor submariner watch from 1981(black dial Mercedes hands) . I graduated from a very well known parochial school (Our Lady Of The 33rd Precinct, the Bronx) in 1981. And guess what........yep, this watch is already engraved M.N.81. I don't know who's it was, but somebody loved them to get them a graduation present and engrave it commemorating the event. If I knew who's it was, I would gladly give it to them, cause I bet they had to sell it for some emergency, or it was stolen. If anyone recognizes such a missing watch, and can prove to me it is your initials, it is yours. Otherwise, I will grind out the M.N. and replace it with J.C., my initials, leaving the 81, the year I graduated.

I also will do some other mods, since I have the keen ability to perform such simple tasks. I don't own a Mercedes, I own a BMW..........so I am going to make the hands BWW'd instead of Mercedes'd hands.........cool huh? I know I know, how come no one thought up that earlier...........cause I am smart!

Next I will drill out the little pearl pip on the bezel, and replace it with a screw head. That way, when I mark a particular spot on the dial by rotating the bezel, I can easily be reminded that if the minute hand passes that mark..........I am late........I am screwed.........get it ?....I Know, I know, why hasn't anybody thought of that till now, because I am smart!

I am a lucky, lucky man indeed!

That watch is mine, I have no way of proving it but just drop it in a jiffy bag to me and we'll say no more.

'tis not a 25 jewel automatic - it is a wind up..

With a sense of humour like that, I'll have to label you as an honoury Brit.

I accept............