Thread: 20/10 magazines

Default 20/10 magazines

For our friends in restrictive states, California and NY come to mind. The restriction to 10 rounds is on its way in Calif, I personally like genuine magazines, especially the 20 round for AR and the 15s for the carbine. They seem to work better and last longer. There is a company called Magblock that makes and sells plastic spacers that will limit the magazine to 10 rounds. I sent off for some of these and they are about $4-5 each. The carbine 15/10 seem to be the easiest to install. The 20 round AR M16 blocks are specific to manufacturer, so you should let them know what the magazine is: a Colt, Adventure line, etc. The law accepts these if they are installed permanently using a spot of epoxy or screws. I'll leave those details up to you. I haven't installed any 30s yet as it seems a waste of time for what I do. I've never tried any of the foreign made 10 round mags, but I would imagine that Magpul work fine, I just like the size and shape of the 20s for offhand shooting. I think that getting foreign carbine mags to work well is not easy.

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magent...lock-kits.html

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    The law accepts these if they are installed permanently using a spot of epoxy or screws.
    I do not believe that there is a legal definition or guidance around exactly what constitutes permanent for mag blocking. It is generally thought that such methods as using epoxy, screws or rivets will be acceptable but there has not yet been a test case.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

I received an email (12/16) from Calguns stating that the state DOJ had issued an emergency position on it. It said that they had approved these methods. However, i just went back to the same Email and it no longer says anything.

Just as Mitch Lukisch told me, they don't know if they are afoot or horseback. They've already decided that a bullet button is illegal and those will have to be registered as "Bullet Button assault rifles". So from now on your AR will have to be partially disassembled to reload it. What a joke.

Interesting. I'm a member of Calguns and didn't receive a notification. I'll have to look through the forums to see what was said.

It s crazy what they are doing. I'm of a mind to go full featureless.

IAP

I send Calguns $50 every year and $100 to the NRA. But I don't think its money well spent. The NRA does absolutely nothing for Calif. and Calguns I blame for the passage of
    that stupid proposition that even liberal newspapers recommended a no vote. They didn't spend a dime on defeating it and the anti gunners spent $4M. In the 70s there was a prop 15? that was to ban all handguns in the state. I was defeated 2-1. The votes and money is out there these folks just don't manage it well.

I see that the DoJ some did publish some regulations on 12/22 but withdrew them on 12/29. Muppets!

IAP