Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CONGRATULATIONS USA!

Did I not say they were both crooks

Yes, but that wasn't what I was driving at. I was only responding to the issue of eminent domain at that point.

I will say that I am willing to give the benefit of doubt with H on some percentage of accusations but that leaves so many that I won't and feel she is guilty of that I believe to elect her to the most eminent position in the US political sphere is ludicrous, and disgusting to boot. As far as Trump being categorized as a crook, I would like to see the examples of what he has supposedly done to deserve that designation.

I have to wonder about this scenario: You know as much about these two as you do today but it is five years ago. You come into an inheritance of $50k. You are offered the opportunity to invest all of it in one of the 2, Clinton, Inc. or Trump, Inc. The terms of your inheritance are invest it all in one or the other or you don't get it at all. Which course of action would you take?

Quote Originally Posted by ianp View Post
    On the flip side, DJT has how much experience of things military ?

Speaking solely of things political, DJT has not yet had the opportunity to do bad things.

Lets give him a chance and let history be the judge

IAP

Ian, you are right. History will be the judge.

I'm of the opinion that the "military experience" of B Clinton and BH Obama were no more than DJ Trump but I think there is an important distinction between those two and him and that is they had a level of disdain for the military that is far beyond any that Trump may harbor, if he indeed has any.

It is my opinion that H Clinton would have continued us down a path of decay and destruction to its conclusion, Trump has interrupted that flight and I can only hope he changes it and the change is for the better.

Enoch:

If you think that this political ass kicking is only about one issue, you haven't been paying attention.

Just one of the many issues. HC would be more of what we have had for the last two terms by a force multiplier. Many people decided they were tired of being called racist, homophobic, stupid, etc because they had differing views. They wanted a non-politician. He was the only one not already invested in "public service".

Now, mind you, this is coming from a conservative independent who registered as a Republican in New York state (the Republican party in NY sucks, there's only a few Upstate Republicans worth anything) expressly for the purpose of voting for some one else during the Primaries (I really did not want to see Trump get the nomination). My distaste of Trump is vastly overwhelmed by my total disgust of HC and what she is/represents. And that's where this whole thing really hinged. HC is not a likable person. Unless you already drank the Kool Aid you admit this. Which is why white women abandoned her. They as much as said, "Yes we want a woman as President, just not her". They could not swallow that pill (as many did to elect our first "black" President).

What opinion if any of JamesWebb? A damned fine Marine and American in my opinion. Probably too honest and intelligent to seek the office again.

Default Looks like he didn't want it bad enough to garner votes...

"Webb wanted to lead the United States, but he didnít want to do the work to get to voters. And so he quit."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...a_senator.html
    msa6712
    Z-7

The very thing that would elect him made his decision easy. He was pro gun, anti illegal and truthful. You could see in his reaction during the debate that he was not given a chance to say what he wanted to say and the news that came later about how Sanders was torpedoed by the Clinton machine proves my point. The whole thing was a fait accompli, the thing was rigged to make sure that the drunken old bag would get her turn. The article assumes a lot. Marines, especially Marine officers are not quitters and there's a huge difference between quitting and seeing reality staring you in the face. It was not a question of adapt and overcome, it was a decision to not play along with the rigged game. When he walked off that stage, the disgust was palpable.

Another interesting read
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhart.../#125bd06c67a1
    All I know is the only time I came close to getting laid off from work was during the 1990-91 recession was under George Bush if it was not for me being ranked one more than the guy below me who lost his job due to I had more seniority I would of lost my job that's a scary thing when you got bills to pay. People lost houses and the economy took a dump in the last big recession. Just hope history don't repeat it self just glad I am retired no more fear of loosing my job from who ever in office who mite screw it up. All I know is every time the USA digs it self out of a recession we loose our economy weaker than it was before we never get to were we were before it gets weaker with every recession.
    Last edited by river rat; 11-25-2016 at 08:47.

I mite have to read this book were that article came from but politics and economy books mite bore me. Read some of the feed back on the book they left out what party had control of congress that could tell a lot when a President can't get nothing done could be why the recessions could of happened.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bulls-Bears-B.../dp/1599322889

After 72 years on the planet and listening to and voting in many elections, the one point that was always crystal clear after each one was that NOTHING that any of them had promised ever came to fruition. Listening to Sanders and Clinton speak could have been excerpted from the 1968 Detroit Democratic convention: Good high paying jobs, free college for everyone, health care that is free for everyone, a car in every garage, two chickens in every pot, blah, blah, blah. The Republicans promise to get rid of the debt, double the size of the Army and Navy, privatize everything, put a bible in everyone's mailbox, stick an American flag up all the bad guy's asses, blah,blah, blah. None of this stuff ever gets done. The ACA was a joke designed to go broke and force everyone onto medicare. Well it's gone broke for sure and taken most working families right along with it. Barry doubled the national debt in 8 years, quite a chore really since he was supposed to have been stifled by those dirty Republicans at every turn. So it's the same shit on a different day, the only thing that mattered to most Republicans was stopping the invasion from Mexico Lindo, and having people on the supreme court that wouldn't take away the 1st and 2nd amendments. We don't want to be like Europe where people get arrested for calling someone a fatso or Nazi. We don't need to continue to import more poverty, we are already broke. And most of all, we don't need to be controlled by the UN and some duck in Brussels.
    Trump with all of his warts , dumb hair and arrogance offered those things and he'll probably get a few of them by all of the "Progressives". That's it in a nutshell. I live in a state that is the progressive utopia and it is so completely screwed up it will never, ever be normal again, worse, these assholes are spreading north into Oregon and Washington, God help them up there. Clinton offered Obama in a pants suit, more of the same, this republic will not survive another four years of this stuff. Trump by accident saved 5,000 jobs building Fords in the US and he's not even in office yet. He's played the game and knows the playbook. People say he's rude and crude and potty mouthed, Lyndon Johnson used to pick up his dog by the ears and show off his gall bladder scar on national television, so I think we can handle Trump without crying.

You were talking about LBJ if you read that article I posted there was a graph on economic growth since the great depression with the presidents rated JFK/LBJ had the greatest economic growth I am going to wait and see if the economy tanks. The last great recession under the last Bush my Brother got hurt on the job the Pleasanton fair grounds let him go he was so mad at the job like some were about any thing Government he took his retirement out from that job put it in stocks and during that recession every thing tanked he lost every thing some times anger screws you. I did that once in Calif. got mad at the democratic governor signed that petition to get him out and we got Schwarzenegger I even voted for him and you know how that turned out we got more screwed so I stopped letting anger pick my choices and do more thinking I am also independent now it's who I think mite do a better job in ether party.
    Dave you mite read this
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/17/news...ump/index.html
    Last edited by river rat; 11-25-2016 at 15:52.

I had heard that the cancelling of the factory move was something already in the works. I like to think that all of the threats to start taxing the crap out of companies that leave the US had some bearing on the outcome, Trump apparently is friends with Billy Ford who runs things. CNN could tell me that the sun was going to come up tomorrow and I wouldn't believe them. I know a guy who had $2.2M US in Lucent stock. Upon retirement he went to a broker and asked what he should do with it. The guy said sell it right now, today and buy US bonds which were paying about 6% at the time. He said: You'll make $130K a year and never touch the principle. The guy said I"ll wait. A few months later the $2.2M was worth $220K.

These offshore companies use a scheme called transfer pricing. It has to do with where the profit is theoretically made. Trump is very familiar with it. It is a matter of changing the tax laws which are the meat and potatoes of making money in Washington. Buying and selling tax laws makes it all happen.

LBJ had great economic growth because he hadn't taxed us to pay for the Vietnam war. War is always good for business, ask FDR. When he finally did, the US Dollar dropped in value from 4 marks to the dollar to 2.3 or thereabouts. That was when the War on Poverty and other social programs killed it.

Some pretty outspoken views here: http://watchlords.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=189

Swearing and nude photos of the new first lady, so don't visit if you are of a nervous disposition...

P.S.
    don't shoot the messenger...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Some pretty outspoken views here: http://watchlords.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=189

Swearing and nude photos of the new first lady, so don't visit if you are of a nervous disposition...

P.S.
    Well, at least with her in the white house Trump won't need a Monica Lewinsky!

HOW DO YOU KNOW ???

Quote Originally Posted by namib View Post

HOW DO YOU KNOW ???

Cos he will already have his hands full!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post

P.S.
    Dam that one site on watchlords with naked photo's of the new first lady woman on woman dam that's a first if the photo's legit

If you could pave highways with sissy tears we would be able to create a new Autobahn like the world has never seen and all those snowflake dems would have a worthwhile job to boot.

Amen brother. I look at this giant temper tantrum and wonder what would these people do if something really bad happened?
    I look at the riots and think: this is an expensive way to supervise crazy people.

The USA use to vote for a President with good morals no garbage or baggage some one the whole country can respect and look up to. When I joined the Navy as a young man I all ways thought of my captain the same way as I thought of my president from any party and I would follow my Captain or President as my commander and Chief to my death kind of weird. But our country has lost it's morals a lot look at all the shootings that stuff did not happen when I was growing up when you respected the law and politicians and most politician told the truth and we respected them and the first ladies had to be clean as a whistle to I think when we loose respect for the ones in charge we loose respect for every thing else . We are a military forum and we respect the Military I just saw a movie hack saw ridge were some who were drafted commented suicide because they were 4 F and wanted to serve that was kind of sad and true did a little research after the movie another moral we lost most don't want to serve and 4F would be a badge of honor including Trump when he was a young man 4 draft deferments 3 for school and one medical for a bone spur well I went in and did not tell I had a hart murmur and did 22 year as my whole family served from the civil war onward. I did a search of Trumps Family not one since they been here in our great united states did from the 1900 onward that ever served in the military I dare some one to find one that served in the military. Dave I got one question for you if you were young again that draft notice came and you could buy your way out of going would you. How can you follow some one who would not go to give back to a country that gave his Family so much his Dad made money off the US during WW2 building on the bases in the USA and the first Trump got deported from Germany back to the USA after making his fortune in the USA and going back to Germany for being what a draft dodger a family tradition. Cool link below about his Granddad. To me when I get orders to go to war if I was still in the Military the President would to have the same balls as I did and not question the orders to go to war when he was a young man and not buy his way out you got to respect the orders and if they came from a draft dodger it will make some ask why should I go you did not want to when you were young it will create this kind of stuff some doubt of our commander and chief.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by river rat; 12-08-2016 at 07:19.