Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CONGRATULATIONS USA!

RR, like you I have a long multi-generational family history of documented military service dating back to the Civil War. The first time I was eligible to vote was for Reagan's first term and I still remember the words my father told me at that time. Before you cast a ballot, think not only about the individual you are voting for but the team that individual is going to put together to form his cabinet. That's how I voted then and that's how I vote now. Trump may not be the guy you want to be President, but if you appreciate the future of the military and this country, he's certainly stacking the deck in favor of supporting, preserving and defending this country.
    For that, I'll overlook his past transgressions and look forward to a safe, more secure future.
    msa6712
    Z-7

Quote Originally Posted by msa6712 View Post
    RR, like you I have a long multi-generational family history of documented military service dating back to the Civil War. The first time I was eligible to vote was for Reagan's first term and I still remember the words my father told me at that time. Before you cast a ballot, think not only about the individual you are voting for but the team that individual is going to put together to form his cabinet. That's how I voted then and that's how I vote now. Trump may not be the guy you want to be President, but if you appreciate the future of the military and this country, he's certainly stacking the deck in favor of supporting, preserving and defending this country.
    For that, I'll overlook his past transgressions and look forward to a safe, more secure future.
    On my Dads side of the family we had one relative who was a sharp shooter who joined the Union Army in Wisconsin he got a medical discharge for falling off a bridge during the civil war he had a double hernia and had to wear one of those belts that held it in place for the rest of his life my sister found his medical records she is heavy into genealogy. To me you come to this country you pay it back by serving it when it calls you don't come and for generations just take from it and every generation dodge from military service. And Regan was my first commander and chief when I joined the Navy in 1980 and I respected him he had a good moral compass compared to Trump and Regan was no coward he was a Captain in the US Army Air Force in WW2.
    Last edited by river rat; 12-08-2016 at 09:46.

Would I try and avoid the draft? Absolutely. All of my friends were getting married and having kids to avoid the draft. A bunch more, most, were in the National Guard participating in ersatz US Army. Attending weekend meetings where they tried to hide their long hair and saluted the C.O. who owned the gas station on the corner. During the summer they'd go to the Boy Scout Jamboree at Camp Roberts for a six week drunk and the rest of selling mints and cookies for the Army. I wasn't doing that. It wasn't "Be All you Can be" time in the Army, it was dead serious, a 'you might die doing this' time. Damned straight I'd dodge it if I could.

I've got a question for you: How can you sit there bad mouthing Trump and his family and not be at least a little sorry to have voted for that old bag. Essentially inviting 4 more years of this insanity that is Obama's dream? Is half of America just plain stupid?

clinton was a known known and trump is a known unknown. people voted based on that. the unknown part of trump is still unknown

Dave I got a good buddy back in Calif. he voted for Trump. I was talking to him on the phone he is retired and the company was that bread co that went out of business in San Lorenzo the union cut there medical out he was having a hard time finding any thing he could afford. Well he said his sister signed him up for some thing he could afford he was bragging he is back on Kaiser for under a 100 bucks a month due to subsidies helping I felt bad I told him were do you think the subsidies are coming from Obama care soon as your man hacks it your on the ropes again looking for insurance and it going to cost more than a 100 bucks . I don't really need Obama care I got blue cross all ways paid for it but I guess some states that supports Obama care it mite work my blue cross insurance went down by 50 bucks my blue cross is in Calif. from CalPERS it taken out of the retirement check was like getting a 50 buck raise and I pay more than 400 bucks a month for it but next year I bet it goes sky high since more people will stop paying for insurance and being dead beats and go to emergency rooms when they get sick and we pay the cost tell you in 30 years of paying for medical insurance I have never seen it stable in price for a few years like this or go down in price like the 50 buck decrease it has all ways went up never down. He reminds me a lot like you he was bitching about that new dumb law in Calif. about buying ammo WTF one box a month he is to hard headed to move out of Calif. One thing about MT even the democrats are for the second amendment or you don't get voted in.
    Last edited by river rat; 12-08-2016 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Amen brother. I look at this giant temper tantrum and wonder what would these people do if something really bad happened?
    I look at the riots and think: this is an expensive way to supervise crazy people.
    I listened to someone explaining what these people were all about: "being so detached from reality that they can no longer function in the real world so they try to conform it to their own perceived reality"......... they looked to Clinton to pave the way for their crazy views to be recognised and were so set on her winning that when she lost, their brains fried! (except for the non-binary gender folk of course!)

I wish the USA the very best of luck for the future and hope Trump gets good, honest advisors and he listens to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey10KH_RF9o

cheers, John