Thread: Anyone here collecting WW2 US RAF and Luftwaffe ww2 flight jackets

Default Anyone here collecting WW2 US RAF and Luftwaffe ww2 flight jackets

Hi
    anyone here collecting US , RAF , Luftwaffe WW2 flight jackets?
    Please make contact if.
    Thx and rgds

Yep I do
    Mainly US
    I think I have bored everyone numerous times with my latest acquisitions :-)

Eastman Leather:

Ostmann & Hanhart Reproductions. Probably the best repros around (expensive though). Got one of each in black, wouldn't mind the brown versions too, but I only scrounge them on Ebay. Oddly enough neither was Luftwaffe issue, but were French or Belgian motorcycle jackets adopted by Luftwaffe Aircrews as they didn't really have an intermediate leather flight jacket. These jackets conformed to a certain design & colour (black/brown) & were tolerated by Luftwaffe higher command, of all things. The modern NATO Luftwaffe & Belgian & Dutch Airforce Grey Goatskin flight jackets definitely had their origins in the WWII Luftwaffe cloth lightweight jackets. A good design can never go out of use.

Never bore me!!!!!

Images please

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Anymone interested in an original Hartmann jacket...Zipped breast pockets ( by Eclair) waist flap pocket, front zip from Eclair, front chrome buckle , D -rings to adjust the waist size etc... ??? No Eastman fake or repro.
    If interested, pm me.

I have a 1942 USAAF Poughkeepsie A-2, size 42.
    Law's in the wash this week

I have an A-2 from Dubow in 46" but its quite snug for a 46" ( pit-pit 23,5").
    Love it!

Unfortunately as I am a fairly big lad finding jackets to fit and in a condition that are suitable for wearing is very hard.
    I have managed to acquire a size 46 Gordon & Ferguson M422A (circa 1940) and a first version B15 without maker label. (Circa 1944) I am still trying to track down an original A2, however due to the A2 cut I can't get my shoulders in anything smaller than a 46/48 which is a rare size.
    Like all jackets of that era they are quite short, but the B15 is especially short, it looks like a boob tube on me! It's also far to warm to wear so it has sat in the wardrobe since I bought it.(for a bargain price of less than 100 😁 )
    I also have a mid 70s Star Sportswear G1 which had its first outing of the autumn last night as it's been too warm to wear it up to now.

Hi
    understand...same here, I need 44" to 46" and at least pit pit 24" in width to be comfi.
    My Dubow A-2 is 24" at best (46" on its label) so a real gem.
    I have one WW2 original Hartmann Jacket ( much better looking than all good Eastman repros...) which also fits me.
    Took me ages to find it...