Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s The Deal With Big Watch Sizes? The Large Timepiece Explained

I actually gravitate more to smaller pieces, 35/40mm and find it increasingly difficult to wear the bigger pieces.

My nob must be getting bigger

Me too, here is my 1942 Bulova one-button chronograph (minus centre sweep, will find one yet!), at 28.5mm. cased, and 10.5''' movement the smallest in-house chrono ever.

Not bragging, like...

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwah View Post
    I actually gravitate more to smaller pieces, 35/40mm and find it increasingly difficult to wear the bigger pieces.

My nob must be getting bigger
    Haha, good frame of thought, mine must be aswell. Went through a phase of owning a few larger pieces (a 43mm jump hour was my limit) but they've all since been sold and with exception to my Aevig Huldra I now wear almost exclusively vintage pieces as they suit me so much better. Similarly 35/40mm is my preferred range for watches these days.

Liking that Bulova above by the way, nice watch and would never have guessed it was a chrono.

guess what day it is - fish (cod) Friday...

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post

I had a "Fish & Mixed" (fish, chips, peas) too, only I went to the chippy. I just hate garden peas with fish and chips, gotta be mushy for me.
    Sorry, no picture as it's hard to eat, walk and take a pic at the same time. Especially when you can barely do the first two after several "glasses of pop".

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    I had a "Fish & Mixed" (fish, chips, peas) too, only I went to the chippy. I just hate garden peas with fish and chips, gotta be mushy for me.
    Sorry, no picture as it's hard to eat, walk and take a pic at the same time. Especially when you can barely do the first two after several "glasses of pop".
    Excuses. Isn't that what these are for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Excuses. Isn't that what these are for?

I was going to say that I would look ridiculous with that on my head in the pub, then realised I wore a giant watch on my head in the pub just a month ago...

Going to Wetherspoons again next Tuesday, I enjoyed last weeks so much...

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post

There used to be an English lady who had a fish and chips place here in Santa Rosa. The fish was genuine cod, in large thick chunks, absolutely the best you can imagine. Served up in newspaper with chips. Then Cod became so scarce that the fish was pollack which is like deep fried cardboard. I'm guessing that the really good big cod was gone by late 80s? I know I was anticipating the fish and chips in UK when I was there in '96 and terribly disappointed. It was like Burger King. Pressed pollack. Can you still get the big cod fish over there? That looks good bye the way.
    D