Thread: US and UK kicking some Olympic ass

Default US and UK kicking some Olympic ass

1 & 2 on the table. Well done to both nations. UK narrowly missed medal in the foil fencing, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    1 & 2 on the table. Well done to both nations. UK narrowly missed medal in the foil fencing, damn.
    So close there. I enjoy the fencing and archery the most, but missed the archery.

I'm watching woman's long jump, specifically Darya Klishena. Paul, you might want to google Ms Klishina she is definitely a ballerina Russian and not a tractor mechanic Russian. As a sporting lad, I value your opinion on the subject.

Yes she's something else. Like pretty needed a new definition and chose her.

US 1, 2 and 3 in the women's hurdles!

U.S. Swim Team lost the 1,000M lying to the Rio Police relay. Results to be posted.

Here is a weird one some took rat poison to win in weight lifting
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olym...cid=spartandhp

And some one is using make America great again. Dam we are all ready great all ready we don't need to get any greater when we are all ready great with 100 medals so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Morritt View Post
    U.S. Swim Team lost the 1,000M lying to the Rio Police relay. Results to be posted.
    That was an embarrassment wasn't it? I learned the hard way that when someone says "The police are on their way." You should have already been on your way. Trashing a bathroom in Rio? What would that entail, sweeping and mopping it? Fixing the toilet? Replacing the toilet paper roll?

Never, ever, fuck with foreign Police or Security Officers. Things can go very sideways very quickly. You may get away with beaking off to U.S. & Canadian Officers, too a point. But in Asia or South America, you're asking for a beat down, at the very least.

R and R in Hong Kong 1967, the Brits handled our R R details and I recall a couple of their rules: "Do not wear your uniforms, you are NOT supposed to be here." "If you have anything in your pockets, even a pocket knife or a single round of ammunition, the HK Police will throw you in jail. They do not care that you have to get back to the war, you will stay in jail until you figure a way to get out."

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    R and R in Hong Kong 1967, the Brits handled our R R details and I recall a couple of their rules: "Do not wear your uniforms, you are NOT supposed to be here." "If you have anything in your pockets, even a pocket knife or a single round of ammunition, the HK Police will throw you in jail. They do not care that you have to get back to the war, you will stay in jail until you figure a way to get out."
    I did shore patrol in Hong Kong when our ship pulled into port. The ship paid this women to have the side of the ship painted when in port who had all kind of businesses like bars, water taxis and painting the sides of ships. These women painted the sides of our ship I think the ship paid with old brass and rope if I remember the story right they did a better job and faster than deck div. Being a ammo ship we anchored far out and water taxis was included with the side painting these motorized junks did the liberty boat runs to shore so more of the crew got liberty. When doing shore patrol me and anther guy out side a bar we watched a good bar fight two British solders one used a karate move and flipped this guy over his should on to the concrete had to hurt they were not our guys so we just watched. Before westpac they gave use a 2 hour class how to hand cuff some one only shore patrol training was a joke. This was around 1984 before the British gave it back to China.
    Last edited by river rat; 08-21-2016 at 18:29.

On Guam in late 84 at the tail end of our Westpac, some guys on one of the ships in our Squadron got into some very serious shit on the Island. I don't know how they got out of it, but i suspect that DND & Foreign Affairs Canada were involved. Never heard what became of these 4 or 5 assclowns afterward. I suspect that after being sentenced to Detention Barracks in Edmonton, they were Dishonourably separated from the Canadian Navy. Loved Hong Kong though!!!!!!!