Thread: BUYER BEWARE PRIME TIME CANADA

Default BUYER BEWARE PRIME TIME CANADA

Hello All,

I have never had the need to do this before but I feel I must warn you about an unscrupulous seller, Prem Chainani of Prime Time Canada. I purchased a series of parts from Prem for an older model Breitling. Prem sent a series of incorrect (i.e., hands for a different model movement) and unusable (i.e., stripped chronograph pushers) parts. I contacted Prem about this and after much cajoling he agreed to send replacement parts (indeed, I have the email exchange). A month went by and nothing was sent. I called Prem and emailed him. No response. Now six weeks have gone by. I have left about a dozen emails and messages for him and haven't heard a word back. Buyer beware. I am out $250. Don't repeat my mistake.

many thanks for the info !!

Hi ,
    Prem Chainani is a group member of a military watch group of which I am a Moderator, I have sent him a PM, lets see what he says and if we can sort this out, fingers crossed .

Mark.
    A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

Two sides to this story I think.....im stepping away from this one.
    A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

There are two sides to every story! It would be great if Prem would be kind enough to send me an email or give me a telephone call. At the end of the day, I have a PayPal receipt for $250 and no usable parts. I just want my parts or my money back. Simple!

I won't take sides in this but will relay any relevant information via PM for you.

Regards
    Mark

Victoria, Canada Better Business Bureau complaint has been filed. They are in the process of mediating/investigating.

Sorry to hear what happened. FYI, BBB doesn't "investigate". All they do is send a letter and ask how the seller will respond. They don't look for fairness, just that the seller responds. Even worse if the seller isn't a BBB member (which I assume is the case).

However, good luck with it.

Go to Paypals Resolution Centre and file a claim to get your money back. You have emails listing the wrong parts and his response to replace them. Keep the emails in order showing he has not followed through.

People who do not follow through tend to stretch the situation out until it runs past the claim date at which point you can't file a claim.

If you paid through your CC. File a chargeback

DON

As far as I understand Paypal, you need to show some evidence of shipping back the faulty parts, since the seller may be able to show evedence that you received something. Maybe I am wrong.

Victoria BBB arbitrated a resolution. Prem agreed to a refund which was brokered via the BBB. Many thanks to the BBB for helping to resolve this unfortunate turn of events.

I just wanted to leave this here: a post from Prem Chainani in the Marathon fans Facebook group.