Thread: Princess Di…

Default Princess Di…

Would be 55 today. What a loss.

100 years since the start of The Battle of the Somme.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Totally agree. What a wonderful, beautiful woman. I visited her family's estate shortly before she died. They had some very famous friends. Winston Churchill was born in their house.

Quote Originally Posted by ianp View Post
    100 years since the start of The Battle of the Somme.

IAP
    Puts things Into perspective rather!

Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau-Brummel View Post
    Puts things Into perspective rather!

Guy.
    I remember back in the 1970's I was in the Calif. Conservation Corps the CCC and our CCC center was at the Yountville veterans home there were a lot of WW1 vets there even a few Spanish-American war vet's there all gone now and soon no more WW2 vet's I remember talking to this little old lady she was a nurse in WW1 was all ways cool talking to those vet's when in the CCC.

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    I remember back in the 1970's I was in the Calif. Conservation Corps the CCC and our CCC center was at the Yountville veterans home there were a lot of WW1 vets there even a few Spanish-American war vet's there all gone now and soon no more WW2 vet's I remember talking to this little old lady she was a nurse in WW1 was all ways cool talking to those vet's when in the CCC.
    I know what you mean I remember as a kid my great grandfather telling me about the horror of the Somme and him thinking himself lucky to have been captured by the Germans, my Grandfather (his son) would also tell me about WW2, Korea and his time in the Royal Marines. (not the bad stuff, all the fun he got up too) To think that less than 15 years ago we would be in the same room chatting and now it's only me left is a sobering thought. At least now we can record the stories before it's too late.

Sorry to hijack the thread.