Thread: "Issued in London II" get-together

Default "Issued in London II" get-together

Myself, Jed McCormack, and Paul Maudsley from Phillips Auctioneers, hosted a little gathering of watch enthusiasts in London over the weekend with the theme being "issued" watches (military, professional, etc). After a relaxed Friday night gathering at a central London pub and a great Indian meal, we started Saturday morning by heading in to the heart of The City.

Walking along a deserted Fleet Street, I didn't feel too conspicuous taking a photo of my COMEX Prototype Omega Seamaster PloProf with The Gherkin building in the distance...

After meeting outside the Leadenhall Building, we went up to a private venue at the top of The Gherkin with great views out over London

The perfect background for a little table display of vintage watches

Being an "Issued" watch event, we obviously expected to see some military issue Rolex Submariners...but this many!?! Wow!

And how do we convince people Comex issue watches are rare when we put on a show like this?

A casual lunch with drinks and friends and a table full of interesting watches...for me it doesn't get much better!

Until, that is, you find a real Cosmonaut's "Space-flown" (multiple missions, including space walks) Omega Speedmaster on original velcro strap, and still on the space suit glove.

Reach for the stars!!

I missed photographing so many of the special watches, and these two Oyster Paul Newmans were only a very small percentage of the Daytonas present

A totally over-whelming afternoon!

After the lunch-time event, and a short break, we reassembled at Phillips on Berkeley Square for a private preview of highlights of the up-coming watch auctions in Geneva and Hong Kong.

Where else can you try one of the thirteen Rolex ref. 4113 split-seconds chronograph watches?

And Panerai is NOT a dirty word, as some people were trying to suggest! This Rolex-Panerai ref. 3646 Cali-dial watch was spectacular!

So, after a couple of glasses of champagne, it was time to leave Phillips and head to a private members club for dinner, more watch talk, and the chance to see some "non-issued" watches

Like a really cool Patek Philippe 1518

And a Patek 2526 in platinum with rare diamond dial...a dream-watch!

For those with some energy left...late night cocktails to round off the night.

It was a very enjoyable and relaxed event, with great watches brought from all around the world by their enthusiastic owners! Unfortunately we missed the famous souvenir "mug-shot", so a static photo will have to do!

I'd like to see a lot more photos of the watches I missed, and some clearer images not just taken with a camera phone!

Thanks to the MWR-ines who came to London to join us!

MW

only slightly better than Birmingham watch fair then...... love that rolex 4113

Nice views!

In another thread I asked for more photo's don't have to in this one

This is real eye candy, thanks for sharing.

Ack!

Thanks for sharing Mike - interesting to see the watches that most of us just dream about

Wow! Again thanks for sharing