Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Issue / None Issue Divers

Quote Originally Posted by César Criado View Post
    Nice photo of the Type I. The dome looks fantastic, though I wonder for a military issued watch if they could have thought of a better solution. Its so easy to scratch and possibly crack, no?

Thanks for sharing.
    Quite possibly Cesar, but I don't recall many that were too damaged, perhaps easier to damage is the laminating on the bezel!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_s View Post
    Quite possibly Cesar, but I don't recall many that were too damaged, perhaps easier to damage is the laminating on the bezel!

That is also very true and the crystal is still quite thick so it might scratch but possibly hard to crack. Should have gotten one of the Type I when they were still affordable, love that clean and austere look. Yours looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by César Criado View Post

The silver dial chrono and yellow faced sub are lovely
    The Lanco I have pictured above has a Doxa look but it does not feel as solidly made as a Doxa.

Hopefully you can never have too many 6309's in a thread. So wearable and still easily affordable. Here's a couple at opposite ends of the spectrum condition wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    The silver dial chrono and yellow faced sub are lovely
    The Lanco I have pictured above has a Doxa look but it does not feel as solidly made as a Doxa.
    Thanks. For some reason, I simply love vintage Doxas. To me they reflect what a true diver should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by 300S View Post
    Hopefully you can never have too many 6309's in a thread. So wearable and still easily affordable. Here's a couple at opposite ends of the spectrum condition wise.

Love my Doxas but as you say, can´t have enough Seikos either. This is how I started, with Seikos. Love them too!

Here is a bit of a rarity, but no doubt a not especially valuable rarity. I think it's from the early nineties, just after the re-unification of Germany when the Glashutte manufacturers suddenly had access to Swiss movements such as the ETA 2824-2 that sits in here. The manufacturer Glashutte made an almost identical model, and those seem to crop up around once a month. This Union signed version I could only find a couple of other examples in total. Like I say it's nothing spectacular, but I am living in the former East Germany so it feels nice to wear a local watch...

Cesar, you have an embarrassment of riches....so many nice pcs, Doxa, Seiko etc etc. Very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by reg-life View Post
    Here is a bit of a rarity, but no doubt a not especially valuable rarity. I think it's from the early nineties, just after the re-unification of Germany when the Glashutte manufacturers suddenly had access to Swiss movements such as the ETA 2824-2 that sits in here. The manufacturer Glashutte made an almost identical model, and those seem to crop up around once a month. This Union signed version I could only find a couple of other examples in total. Like I say it's nothing spectacular, but I am living in the former East Germany so it feels nice to wear a local watch...
    A bit like this one .. not very valuable but a watch I enjoy wearing from time to time ..as for diving capabilities ..I wouldn't even wash my hands with this watch on : )

This 1960s watch which I refer to as a Rally Diver is stamped to the rear Waterproof Tested 20ATM

here's my mediocre contribution; Vostok with spider dial:

Issued

Non-issued

Thanks for the comments! Some very nice additions during the weekend, much appreciated. Simply can´t get enough of these divers. My contribution coming to an end but let´s start the week with another classic manufacturer, Aquastar.

Default None issue

My famous 1968 Seamaster, a $25.00 yards sale scoop a few years back, alas not an issued watch but beggars can't be choosers

And since I still have time, this old favourite keeps me happy

Divers took more importance in my little collection than military watches.

Quote Originally Posted by T5AUS View Post
    My famous 1968 Seamaster, a $25.00 yards sale scoop a few years back, alas not an issued watch but beggars can't be choosers

And since I still have time, this old favourite keeps me happy
    Certainly, can´t complaint! Wow, $25 for that beauty. An that Breitling is sweet. That case looks familiar, no? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by polo2 View Post
    Divers took more importance in my little collection than military watches.

Brilliant Deepstar, one of the best I have seen. You have some serious divers in your collection. Very nice.

Rather common case. Anyone know what means the 25 RA at the bottom of the dial ?

Rather common case. Anyone know what means the 25 RA at the bottom of the dial ?

That is good to know in "case" one is needed. Could the 25 RA be similar information to that found on vintage Rolex subs "< 25mc", meaning less than a certain amount of radiation exposure?

Anyone know what means the 25 RA at the bottom of the dial ? ...
    my understanding is that any dial made with radium from about 1950 onwards was marked with either Ra or R to indicate the presence of radium paint on the dial - in this case 25 milliCuries of radioactive material.

Today, a lesser known model of the Certina family, the 200m. At 40mm reminds me a bit off the Omega 300.

Thanks for the info about radium. So the watch is older than 1963.

On my wrist today: