Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time514 - oh no, the end of the world is nigh!

Post Time514 - oh no, the end of the world is nigh!

mmh,

all your time and effort I can assure you has always been greatly appreciated.

it is a shame but that is how it has to be sometimes; changes and moving on.

some areas will be surely missed.

the WWW page is still the best available online resource for these watches.

thanks again.

dave.

http://www.time514.com
    Last edited by dave; 05-24-2016 at 15:47. Reason: added link.

If it's a question of permissions, I'm betting we could re-populate the database with our images to share. It is a great resource and much appreciated.
    Bill in Sacramento

just to clarify - my understanding is that the British WWWs and the German DH/DU/Ds will be the only two areas remaining.

It's a really important resource. I can get more photos of my original Omega if need be.

dave writes:

> just to clarify - my understanding is that the British WWWs and the German DH/DU/Ds will be the only two areas remaining.

That's correct. (For now at least.)

I might have a page available for IWC Mark 11s soon, but without pictures!

Uggh...shame on the people who complained. I am missing something here, why would anyone care, it is a resource to help all and even helps authenticate their piece.

Oh well to each their own. This is a loss for the whole community, hopefully people will donate pics with permissions!

Travesty; a loss for everyone.

surely if a picture is posted online, then it forgoes Copyright?

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    surely if a picture is posted online, then it forgoes Copyright?
    I'm not an IP lawyer but I think this is true. I've seen pictures taken right from the Internet and posted on some of the bigger blogs. The source is cited and I think that's all that's needed.

Myron

I remember mmh asking if he could use photos of my Dirty Dozen at the time, and I gave him permission. I think the valuable sites (WWW/ IWC mkX especially) should be reloaded with those approved pics.
    Buster

I don't know the ins and outs of the legalities, but as a poster of many pictures myself, I always check if permission is needed. I always assume none is required if there is no mention of copyright, but I may be wrong.
    As an aside, a member here complained about my posting pics from other sites without permission, even going so far as to inform the site owners. One site owner contacted me though, telling me the complainants identity...

Named and shamed eh!

I'm claiming Fair Use

Looks good to me, so in summary if used for a non profit educational reason, no one has the rights to be a whiny little bitch, if you use their photo.

don't think that the comments left here in post #2 a few days ago helped matters at all:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...)-Arrival-HS9&

the Lemania Chrono resource was closed down shortly afterwards:

http://www.time514.com/LSBC.htm

was only referring to this last week - damn that was far becoming a fine resource.

had several images on there, some watermarked, some not; plus a few more on the other sites.

mmh has always asked my permissions and I have always gladly obliged.

how else can we all learn?

anyway that's my little rant over and done with...

That comment on tz forum would not help; note, that acquisition of an item does not result in ownership of any pictures that have been taken prior to transfer of ownership. The user in question clearly hasn't got a clue. The user also refers to a mwr forum, implicitly trying to add pedigree to his/her post.
    Having said all this, the bottom line is that the collector community as a whole will be worse of because of ill-informed posts which effectively limit the collective accumulation of knowledge. The core collector community will be able to distinguish fake from fiction and focus on the real thing - good luck to the rest...

The best reference for WWW watches has now gone!

Quote Originally Posted by rodabod View Post
    The best reference for WWW watches has now gone!
    that's a b*gger; what with this and also photobucket it's been a sh*t week -

It's always a shame when valuable resources disappear and in particular mmh's

I contributed to the rarer Aussie model WWW micro section which have the sterile case backs on the Omega & JLC's and serial number ranges.. I wonder if we can salvage some if not a large portion of the site by making the info a sticky here. Pictures of models we don't have permission for can be re-contributed by MWR members and the written information carried over... I think it would be a worth while endeavor to save as much as possible for this web site and collectors in general..

Try here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170320...m/BritishX.htm

Can maybe download the html and photos, and then recreate a local web page on your machine. It's the reference photos which are really handy.