Thread: Slow page loads

Default Slow page loads

This has been happening for a while now and I'm wondering if it's just me.

Almost every time (not all the time, but 95% or so) I click on a post, link to a new forum, or even log into MWR, it is very slow to load the page. Wait times of up to 10 - 15 secs are not uncommon. I'm not experiencing this when I browse other sites.

I'm using the latest Chrome as my browser (Version 46.0.2490.71 (64-bit)) and Mac OS X is my OS.

Concur, it's been happening on multiple Apple devices, iPhone and iPad included.

Post sigh!

it's been exactly the same for me for quite a while now; sometimes it just sits there for absolutely ages and ages!

been driving me nuts; using an iPad with iOS 9.0.2

also if I'm in the process of writing a post and need to work in another window, especially another MWR window, but sometimes any, when I go back I've been bloody well logged out!

so start again hoping auto-save/auto-restore will work, which it doesn't always, and if it does it doesn't always grab everything; grr...

We are on a shared server which almost certainly helps explain the slow times. When the server load is high, pretty much everything on the server will run slow.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Quote Originally Posted by ianp View Post
    We are on a shared server which almost certainly helps explain the slow times. When the server load is high, pretty much everything on the server will run slow.

IAP
    I know I would (and I think many other MWR members would) be glad to pay a reasonable monthly/yearly/one-time stipend to help support the cost of running MWR operations if it would help us to get more dedicated server resources (CPU and RAM allocation) and/or a higher tier of disk storage (and better performance) on the vm that host us on in the cloud.