Thread: Bought another multitool....

Default Bought another multitool....

Hi,

my dad is 87 years old and practical like me. When he sends me a little money for my birthday each year I like to buy something decent and usable, something that reminds me of him.
    So with dad's birthday money last week I bought another multitool (can't have too many, or too many knives or LED torches)......... a Gerber MP600; not very fancy, but mil-issue and looking pretty handy....

I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

Cheers, -John

Nice choice.
    These were/are Canadian Forces issue, but maybe not in black, only recall stainless steel.

Yep, Canada and the US issue these, some other multitools can be found with NSN numbers and broad arrow (aust and brit issue).... pretty hard to get hold of though....

By the way Drew, the A-2 will be at my PO tonight at 6:30pm....... looking forward to getting it

Cheers, John

Nice John. I had one, at some point it disappeared.

Excellent news John!

(1) In the USAF mechanic's school I worked with a little nigh on to a decade back, graduates were given a voucher to take to Clothing Sales, and chose between multiple models by Gerber and SOG. Had to be a multitool, and only the models available at the authorized source.

You could have others, but the individual Airman paid for them.

(2) A 2nd Lt of the Corps of Engineers stated around the same time the most useful equipment he had available to him in Afghanistan were all wheel drive ATVs and multitools.

Hi BM,
    I bought this one "used in great condition", it arrived yesterday, BRAND NEW! There's not a mark on it and it came with the key for the wire cutter blades and instructions!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining

Cheers, John

Picked one up because of your post John. Looks pretty good, but doesnt have the key section for wire cutters, doesnt look like the are replaceable.

Greg