Thread: My Sig P225.......

Default My Sig P225.......

Hi,

I finally picked up my Sig P225 last week, once I got it home I cleaned and oiled it, it looks almost unused (not for much longer).

I picked up a Sig sight tool for only $40 a few weeks ago and used it to remove the original sights and fit Siglite night sights (tritium tubes), then on saturday I fitted Hogue black G10 grips...............

I put 50 rounds through it at the range, it feels very nice in the hand and I found it to be very accurate for a compact service pistol.

A friend in Germany is sending me 3 x almost new magazines.

What do you think......... not bad for $280!

Cheers,

-John

Where'd you find that beauty for $280??

Hi Clay,

It's very different in Norway compared to the US,, nobody can collect modern pistols here (eg, on SigTalk many people have 5 or more 9mm or .40s), there are restrictions on how many 9mm pistols you can have, I had to explain that my Walther P88 was not the correct type for my particular type of shooting at the club and parts are unavailable.
    So selling a used pistol can be quite hard unless you are willing to almost give it away. When I wanted to sell my P88 a few years ago the most I could get for it was about $300 (I couldn't let it go for that so I'm glad to say that I've kept it! ).

Cheers, -John

Looks like a good deal I paid a lot more for my sig 20 or more years ago and it was also used. Is the gun laws different in certain parts of Norway or all the same. In the states every state just about has it's own laws. In Calf the laws were tougher than were I live now. Guns shows in Calf or gun shops there was a week or more wait time before you got the gun but they can do the check on you in a few minutes like they do in Montana were the day you pay you get the gun the same day no wait time. Really surprised me at the first gun show I went to in MT were I walked out with a WW2 German mouser P-38 pistol that would not happen in Calf.

G'day mate,

there are no states in Norway, same laws apply throughout the country.

Just ordered a stainless guide rod for the P225, also picked up a new Safariland holster designed for the P225 and P220 for $15 on Ebay, retail is around $150, it's a left hander like me, the seller had a few of them and a right hander.... probably made too many and sold them off.

Cheers, John

I keep coming back to this thread just to look at your pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMike View Post
    I keep coming back to this thread just to look at your pistol.
    Thanks BobbyMike, I know what you mean, and I get to play with it every night (the P225 I mean).

I have two 9mm pistols, my Walther P88.... a nice pistol to look at, lovely to shoot, very accurate and probably even better made than the Sig, but I would rather have my (not quite so lovely to look at) Sig P225 in situations where I need to have complete reliability, that's where the classic 'P' series pistols are much admired, they are extremely well made tools and completely dependable (accurate too).

cheers,

-John

Really nice pistols sadly all banned here in the uk I loved pistol shooting never got very good at it but I do really miss it.

z4

Hi,
    I'm not sure of the details there but are all pistols nc. air pistols banned?
    What about the Olympics ect.?
    Cheers, John

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath View Post
    Hi,
    I'm not sure of the details there but are all pistols nc. air pistols banned?
    What about the Olympics ect.?
    Cheers, John
    Generally speaking, ownership of firearms in the UK is nigh on impossible unless you have a good reason - see chapter 13 of https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ng_Law_v13.pdf

Air guns, both pistol and rifle, are legal with restrictions on age of ownership and use as well as power. Pistols are restricted to 6ftlbs and rifles 12ftlbs, beyond these limit you need a license.

Olympians. Well at one point they were essentially banned from being able to practice n the UK - they would have to store their firearms overseas and travel to practice - but I think the laws have been softened a little in that there are a limited number of licences/permits for use by athletes and there are officially sanctioned ranges that they can now use in the UK.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Hi BobbyMike, here's a couple more photos for you....... the P225 as I found it, and with box, target, plastic wrapped mag and close-ups of the markings added.......... basically an unused 1984 Sig P225.

I really like shooting this and don't really take anything else to the range, I guess it's good to get proficient with the pistol you are most likely to go to!

cheers, John

Hi John,
    My brother has one of these in 45 acp. It is a really nice pistol, perfect size, all steel, a worthy replacement for the 1911 if a person was so inclined.
    D

Hi Dave,
    that would be a Sig P220 in .45, they are a great pistol.....

Cheers, John

Man those rail-less Sigs are just classic. Enjoy the P225!

Hi, here is the P225 with my Walther P88 S/N 25, it is a very nice pistol to shoot and more than accurate enough for me........ I don't really shoot it much anymore but now, seeing it again I might take it to the range next week...........

cheers, John

I am biased a little towards sigs
    I've carried a sig 229 40 s&w for about 5 years
    another 6 I carried a sig p220 in 45
    They are well made firearms...