Thread: Fury...

Default Fury...

I watched the DVD last night. I found Sgt. Don ‘Wardaddy’ Colliers’ (Brad Pitt) 1917 Smith interesting. The right grip panel is faux stag and the left is a plexiglass ‘sweetheart’ grip panel. Why I found it interesting is my S&W 1917 has faux stag grips and I have never been able to find out any info regarding them.

I thought it might be the New Service Colt, but never got a good look at the ejection rod end. I liked the movie and him using an MP44 was pretty cool. My brother turns up stag grips all the time up there in WA state. I never see them down here at all. It was a turn of the century thing I guess. They are actually very practical when you consider how they work. He has a factory nickel .38 Super with a cool set of stags.

I know why they did it, but I still don't like it, but no tank platoon would have a mix of an M4A1 (76)W w/VVSS, an M4A3W and an M4A3(76)W w/ HVSS.

The logistics alone would keep the M4A1s segregated (different engine), the operational tactics between a 75mm armed Sherman and 76 armed Sherman were quite different making such a mix impractical (the 75 Sherman would be dead weight).