Thread: My first Sig Sauer, a P225.............

Default My first Sig Sauer, a P225.............

Hi guys,

I visited my local gun shop on thursday (I bought my S & W Model 18 there a few years ago) and saw an unused Sig Sauer P225 9mm still in the box, I've always wanted to get a Sig but they are usually over my budget. I asked about the price and was told that it was 2,400 kroner (that's only $318!). The P225 was a part trade by a hunter for a rifle and had never fired used it. I looked at it for a while and left, then returned to put a deposit on it today.

Since getting home I've been looking on the net and found that it is around 1/2 the price of a new P225 in the US so I think I did pretty well!

Here's a photo of a P225 from the net with the same box, it comes with a still wrapped spare mag, instruction manual and test target.

Anyone else have a Sig or used them?

cheers,

John
    Last edited by Flightpath; 01-17-2015 at 14:52.

I have the same gun, marked as a P6, sold in the US as imports - German Police weapons that obviously hit their end of life and were traded-in en masse as they were replaced. I paid $230 back in 2007 or 2008 with 2 x magazines, so $320 for a NIB is a very nice price.

I have no complaints whatsoever about the Sig. It shoots very well and I haven't had any issues that I cannot attribute to user error.

Head to the range and have fun.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Congrats here is mine a P228 a oldie made in west Germany I got this one years ago because at the time SBU XI we had sigs in our armory and I liked it.

A smoke filled room in a corner basement.

Great deal, John. I still have my P228, though the SAR has moved on. I kick myself for not picking up a cheap P6 like Ian did when they were available.

"I'm tired of having to decide between stupid, evil and doesn't stand a chance."

Nice Combo.

Nice P228 Jim!

Drew, I read somewhere that the Sig P225 is/was issued to canadian aircrew, is this correct?

I'm going back to the shop tomorrow and write down the s/n and markings, won't get it for some weeks because of the paperwork ect. so I'll take some photos too

cheers,

-John

I was looking at the same pistol in 45 a few weeks ago. Different number, really nice well made pistol. If I recall, the 45 was about $650? 9mm is the new .22. They are selling that stuff cheaper than some 22 shells lately. At the range last week, there must have been 3-400 pieces of brass for the taking. I really like the SIG pistols. Nice score.

Very possible. I think they were issued to Navy Boarding & Landing Parties, but long after I left. We had the powerful Browning 9mm.

Hi,

I finally returned to the shop and took a few photos, here's composite photo of the P225, I don't think it's NIB but it's pretty close to it.

I found an interesting thread on the SIGforum that dates earlier Sig pistols by a code under the barrel, mine has 'JE' (see lower left of photo), this shows that my P225 was made in 1984.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/7320040262

The sights are the standard P6 type (no dots), there are a lot of sights that fit the P225 with white 'dots', tritium night sights and others...... anybody have a favorite pistol sight set-up? I've seen the P225 with OD green grips that look nice too!

cheers,

-John

Hi,

here's a closer look at the P225, the spare magazine is unused, the slide has "MADE IN W GERMANY" on it............

I have to get a couple of Sig Sauer mags too!

cheers,

-John

Nice score John! See, nice guys DO get a break!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMike View Post
    Nice score John! See, nice guys DO get a break!

Thanks mate,

It's in very nice condition since it was made over 30 years ago in "West Germany", I actually bought a holster for it, but it's a german police/military issue plastic/leather one that might harm the finish, it was less than $20 inc. shipping! There are a lot of holster made for the P225, I will find what I want soon enough.

I like these OD green alloy Hogue grips too!

cheers,

-John

Yep, the German issue holsters were not the best in the world. I bought one and sold it on PDQ.

IAP
    Last edited by ianp; 01-20-2015 at 15:19. Reason: typo
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

I was looking into some 3 dot sights for the P225 as I'm used to them from shooting my Walther P88, even been thinking about a set of Signite with tritium but they were over my budget.... THEN a guy on 'Sig talk' forum (I joined it as a member last week) had a set for sale from a Sig he bought in December 2014!.......... $43 in post to my brother in CA!

Now I'm only after some nice grips, I'll probably save up for those Hogue alloy grips in OD green,

cheers,

-John

Quote Originally Posted by ianp View Post
    Yep, the German issue holsters were not the best in the world. I bought one and sold it on PDQ.

IAP
    Hi Ian,

the german plastic holster arrived yesterday, I'd never put my P225 in it but it fits my son's 'Walther' CP88 air pistol perfectly so it's his now

cheers,

-John

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Morritt View Post
    Very possible. I think they were issued to Navy Boarding & Landing Parties, but long after I left. We had the powerful Browning 9mm.
    Hi Drew,

the WW2 (John Inglis) made Brownings are still used (checked regularly), boarding & landing parties and aircrew use the Sig P225, special forces use the Sig P226, here are some boarding party members training with the Sig P225....

cheers,

-John

1085 Rhapsody Street Gainesville, FL 32601

Default My first Sig Sauer a P225

Numerous times in the book it calls it a Sig Sauer 9 mm. Im not sure if thats what you mean by type but that is all I could recall of a name for it.