Thread: Mite be a good deal for a 1911

Default Mite be a good deal for a 1911

I was doing a search and found this not bad for a 1911 made close as a military issued you can get for a fair price under 500 bucks just thought I would post it here incase some one is on the hunt for a old fashion made 1911 made today.
    http://www.gunauction.com/buy/129371...zse-gi-us-made

Or this one that's a real issued Remington Rand that has a replacement colt hammer all the other parts are correct for around 1200.00 not a bad price
    http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_in...ducts_id=36387

This would be a cool store to check out for vintage weapons
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbdk0K35h0w

I shot one of these a few years ago. They are exact copies of the 1911A1 with most parts injection cast. They shoot as good as any military 45. Loose fit, but a robust well made pistol. A definite bargain if you couldn't find a shooter army piece.

Interesting. It seems a bargain at that price, and it's gotta be better than the Norincos?

Holy shit. "The Luger Room"!!!! and "we probly got three, I think two to three Borchardts right now."

Norincos were actually well made forged pistols. Their first M14 clones were well made too except the bolts were supposed to not be the greatest. Amazing isn't it? All those Chinese AKs (Type 56?) I saw in Vietnam worked pretty good. If I am not mistaken Norinco is the commercial arm of the government arsenal.

True that Dave. I must say their trench gun clone is pretty slick, even if the stock leaves a bit to be desired. But the early 1911's I saw from them just seemed very rickety clickety and ill fitted all over. I'm sure they have gotten better. As to their AK's I cannot say... Oh wait I can, I shot one in Cambodia this summer, and it still shot like a true trooper. Didn't think about that until now.

Default Almost all of these metal injected casting guns are pretty loose

Quote Originally Posted by Machetero View Post
    True that Dave. I must say their trench gun clone is pretty slick, even if the stock leaves a bit to be desired. But the early 1911's I saw from them just seemed very rickety clickety and ill fitted all over. I'm sure they have gotten better. As to their AK's I cannot say... Oh wait I can, I shot one in Cambodia this summer, and it still shot like a true trooper. Didn't think about that until now.
    The US 45s I used in the war were rattle traps. I think people are spoiled by finely tuned and tightened guns like Kimbers and think that they all should be that way.

Norinco (China NORth INdustrial COrporation) is a government owned import/export entity.

They are not a manufacturer as such, but handle distribution of products by various Chinese makers. The primary maker of Type 56s in the Vietnam era was Arsenal 66 in Mukden.

I was told my duty .45 (1983) had originally been issued during the Korean War. It was as you described yours.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    The US 45s I used in the war were rattle traps. I think people are spoiled by finely tuned and tightened guns like Kimbers and think that they all should be that way.

I don't think the US military bought any M1911s after 1945, other than a handful of match guns.

In addition to Colt (which made throughout the entire period), Springfield Armory, Remington-UMC and North American Arms manufactured them during WW1 and Remington-Rand, Ithaca, Singer and Union Switch and Signal made them during WW2.

I understand that that except for match pistols, they stopped by 1945, but I don't think that it is out of the question that some brand hew 45s came out and were issued by 1950. My F.Bob Chow pistol is built from a 1945 Colt. It wasn't uncommon to spot 1911s still in use in the 60s. Really nice unissued specimens were sold through the NRA in the 60s.

Sorry I am late to the party; while not 'Govt. Model' exactly, I have shot, bought and examined Rock Island 1911s; these are to my hands and eyes excellent pistols, with the few adds I really need, already done; big enough beavertail to save my hand, ambi saftey and stiff enough to trust in a Mexican carry; good sights, excellent crisp carry trigger out of the box. .

Current models have much improved grips over last years, which appeared to be whittled from packing crates.

Picked one up for family member just this month; cost $601 delivered into my hands, with FFL, tax, everything. These newer 'tactical's have white dot sights; and all I have touched shoot better than I can.

Apologies if Rock