Thread: Victorinox MRI GQ 1604 value?

Default Victorinox MRI GQ 1604 value?

Hi

just after some advice if anyone can help please!!

I have a couple of the Victorinox hunter knives with 'MRI GQ 1604' etched on the handle - I came across a post from a couple of years ago saying these are pretty rare knives/multitools - does anyone know if this is the case and if so what would be the asking price for a mint codition one? also where would be best to look at selling them?

Thanks for any help

Duncan

Hello, Duncan.
    I am ready to buy both of your knives. How can I connect with you? By email may be? I am sure we will agree about the price.
    Kind regards,
    Violeta.

Hi,

I sold mine a few months ago for around $120,

cheers,

-John

Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanturner View Post
    Hi

I have a couple of the Victorinox hunter knives with 'MRI GQ 1604' etched on the handle - I came across a post from a couple of years ago saying these are pretty rare knives/multitools - does anyone know if this is the case and if so what would be the asking price for a mint codition one? also where would be best to look at selling them?

Thanks for any help

Duncan
    Hello Duncan

I would like to buy both the knives. I propose GBP 150 + mailing rates. How does it sound ?

Many thanks in advance for your consideration.

Best regards

Laurent

Dear Friend, if it is possible, I would like to buy one. I can offer GBP 150 for the knife if it is in a mint condition).
    I am ready to pay immediately, but I can wait your answer only for a one week. If you agree - please inform me.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanturner View Post
    Hi

Thanks for any help

Duncan

I came across a post from a couple of years ago saying these are pretty rare knives/multitools - does anyone know if this is the case and if so what would be the asking price for a mint codition one

I saw a new in box Hunter with olive green scales yesterday in a gun store for $55 which I thought to be an inflated asking price. This model is still in production.

Hi,

these knives are made for the British MOD and are found in ejection seat other fixed wing and rotor wing aircraft survival kits. If NIB they are probably from stores, if found without a box they may have been removed from a survival kit.

GQ is the supplier of parachutes for the MOD.

The knives are fairly hard to find but not impossable.

Cheers,

-John

So it’s an issue item…
    I didn’t realize the RAF issued the Victorinox Hunter. To me that is a very odd choice for an issue item. I wonder how often the corkscrew is used? The standard retail Hunter is still selling in the $45 range here in the States.

These are the knives in question.
    I have 2

Kindest Regards
    David