Thread: Goruck packs

Default Goruck packs

Hi all.

I was wondering what you all think of the goruck packs? Briefly, the company was started by an ex-SF guy. The material used, 1000 denier is tough and is supposed to withstand hardships and is made in USA.

I've googled and the majority of reviews are good. However I've not been able to find any pictures or reviews of actual combat/ military use. The various sizes are actually quite nice, I quite like them.

Here is the link

http://www.goruck.com/en/

Thanks in advance.

Anyone here has some experience with these packs?

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Hi all.

I was wondering what you all think of the goruck packs? Briefly, the company was started by an ex-SF guy. The material used, 1000 denier is tough and is supposed to withstand hardships and is made in USA.

I've googled and the majority of reviews are good. However I've not been able to find any pictures or reviews of actual combat/ military use. The various sizes are actually quite nice, I quite like them.

Here is the link

http://www.goruck.com/en/

Thanks in advance.

Looks like not. There are so many pack makers that no one will have tried more than a few. I can give a thumbs up to Tactical Tailor, Mystery Ranch, and Arc'Teryx LEAF packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire-Cat View Post
    Looks like not. There are so many pack makers that no one will have tried more than a few. I can give a thumbs up to Tactical Tailor, Mystery Ranch, and Arc'Teryx LEAF packs.
    Very true. I have a pack from TAD gear and from HillPeople gear; both are excellent packs which I'd recommend. I'm certain that there are plenty of reviews to be found online for Goruck packs, nearly all of which are very positive. With so many packs on the market (we three have named 6 companies already), a lot will depend upon what role you looking to fill. Just my .02c.

Kind regards, B.

My neighbors (he - USMC vet, she - Army vet) love theirs. They have several different ones and just bought another to go to Africa with on a safari. I liked the feel and the look of them, but have no further personal experience other than I would consider them if I was in the need of a pack/bag.

Thanks for all your replies.

I asked a buddy who is active duty SF, and he said the Gorucks are definitely tough packs that are designed well for their intended purpose, mainly Goruck events. Tough, no doubt, but not necessarily first choice when going into the shit. FWIW.

I enjoy mine, as well as a laptop bag I purchased from them. There's attention to detail from somebody who has been there.

Tactical Tailor.