Thread: Hill People Gear Kit Bag ...

Default Hill People Gear Kit Bag ...

Hi gents,

I thought I'd post a few quick pix of the HPG Kit Bag (snubby = small size).

"Kit Bags were born out of the desire to discreetly carry a pistol in a way that doesn't interfere with a full size backpack. Kit Bags are so handy for keeping small items close at hand on the trail (or in the ATV, or in the canoe, or on the stand, etc.) that many folks choose to use them even without a pistol."

I've paired the (snubby) Kit Bag with the pistol holster insert from ITS. The holster is velcro loop which attaches to the hook velcro strip inside the kit bag's pistol compartment. This smaller kit bag will only hold compact pistols (the larger bags can accommodate full sized pistols such as a 1911). I stash a Springfield XDs 9mm in the holster. I've tossed the following items into the front pocket:

Silva compass (vintage, but works superbly), Fisher space pen, molskin mini-notebook, extra magazine for pistol, bic mini-lighter, Swiss Army pocket knife, CountyComm SO-LED pocket light w/ clip, ITW survival whistle, 25' of Kevlar string, an S clip and my car keys (which includes a peanut lighter and photon light), and a granola bar.

Terrific quality and made in the USA = high recommend the HPG company's gear.

Kind regards, B.

Default Like your Fisher Space Pen Desert Pattern model....

Always been a big fan of them. I have a few of the Mil ones also, as well as some actual AG70's.

Drew

Default If you can write this upside down

I guess we'll have to show our Fishers.

Default Hill People Gear

Did anyone try out the runners kit?
    I like the modular concept for different purposes.

Cheers
    phlebas

Default a

I was looking at the same pistol in 45 a few weeks ago. Different number, really nice well made pistol. If I recall, the 45 was about $650? 9mm is the new .22. They are selling that stuff cheaper than some 22 shells lately. At the range last week, there must have been 3-400 pieces of brass for the taking. I really like the SIG pistols. Nice score.
    kinza

Well I just ordered this
    http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc...7/Default.aspx
    The recon kit bag will be good to carry the Taurus 44mag when I go backpacking now I guess I will have to get a gun permit to make it legal to carry since it will be cancelled when the gun in the bag easy to get in Montana. Billy do you still use yours.

Very cool.

Well got it today dam you can stuff it with all kinds of stuff

Please let me know if anyone wants to pass on a used runner's kit (or recon ...).
    Iím preparing for a 100 k and would like to give HPG a try.

PM welcome.

Thanks
    Michael

I've had one for a few years now, love it to death! You won't be disappointed.

This reminds me that it has been more than two years now since Billy and Cheshire-Cat, et al, departed.

Any one know why Billy stopped posting ? Do miss his post and insight and information he knew about issued watches and when he would post new finds in issued watches.

really cool..
    The beginning is the most important part of the work.