Thread: Due process need not apply....

Default Due process need not apply....

And people wonder why we support the 2nd Amendment?

Default Drone here Drone there Drone, Drone Every Where

Our local news was talking about how all these different government agencies were going to use these thing over our own people. Everything from your local sheriff's office to the local property tax collector to make sure your add on isn't a heated area. Another way to raise your taxes. And they want to limit our abilities to protect ourselves. Next thing they will want is our RPG's...

Default Speeding tickets

I'm already mad enough when a Police Airplane catches me speeding, then a patrol car gives me a ticket. Just wait till the drone sees me speeding and my ticket is at home when i get back. That will be the day.

Default While they Ramp Up

they try to hold us down. Today's AR 15 is the Musket of 1776...Our “Personal Defense Weapons” are just as important as those for the government and it's not a musket...

Yep. They seem to forget who they work for.

Default Read history

This is the Fourth Reich, same game plan, same execution, same goals.
    DHS is our gestapo. Anyone who can't see what's coming down the road isn't paying attention.

Default You people are, frankly, nuts.

Annoyingly nutty. And when you get together you just make each other nuttier.

And more annoying.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by bobechs View Post
    Annoyingly nutty. And when you get together you just make each other nuttier.

And more annoying.

That is all.
    Nice to hear from the sheep every once in awhile.

Default bobeck, bobeck, bobeck.....I'm sorry to annoy you

Having a private army of 70K fully equipped with choppers, armored cars and machine guns by the Feds and answerable to a fat old lady (a political appointee at that) and BO the pres, doesn't seem perhaps out of place? They lower the money for the border patrol and add it for domestic search and seizures? The entire coastlines and border areas for 100 miles inland are exempt from constitutional rights of search and seizure? They are archiving these posts right here and most Email on giant Cray computers at fusion centers throughout America. They have facial recognition software, pre-crime programs and raid houses where they have no business at all. None of this bothers you Bubby?? Your job is to pay for all of this shit and shut up; you're doing a great job.

So those who don't believe the government is the newly formed Fourth Reich with Gestapo black helicopters circling our homes are sheep? I'm assuming those who're hunkered down in their booby trapped compound with 10,000 rounds of ammo, a year's worth of canned goods and wearing their militia issued tinfoil hats awaiting the ATF to fast rope in are the ones who are clearly thinking straight? Or perhaps there is room for debate, but maybe not? What do we sheep know other than there can obviously be no rational middle ground.

Default Hi Billy

There are two distinct camps in this debate. People who are looking beyond the first row of trees and those who stop at the first row.

I can't speak for the others, but I am 68 years old, I've seen this country go from post war prosperity to a financial wreck. Truman to BO. The banks are crooked, the government is for sale and we do the bidding of the rich and powerful. The federal reserve is the large bag of change that they dip into when their schemes fail and we are just handed the bill as a nation.

Something is very wrong in this country. The budget for DHS and its various components this year is $69B. This is over and above any law enforcement and existing agencies we already have. The majority is going to be spent monitoring us in this country. They've actually lowered the budget for Border Patrol and shifted that money to TSA to implement domestic search and seizures at bus stations, trains, and on the highways.

Either we are a country loaded with terrorists or they are very interested in putting us under the boot.

I don't have a bunker, stored food, tons of guns and ammo and sit here waiting for them to show up. I just remember when this was a free country and am sad to see it disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    So those who don't believe the government is the newly formed Fourth Reich with Gestapo black helicopters circling our homes are sheep? I'm assuming those who're hunkered down in their booby trapped compound with 10,000 rounds of ammo, a year's worth of canned goods and wearing their militia issued tinfoil hats awaiting the ATF to fast rope in are the ones who are clearly thinking straight? Or perhaps there is room for debate, but maybe not? What do we sheep know other than there can obviously be no rational middle ground.
    Debate is nice Billy, bobech chose not to do that though. He chose to call people names. It's a two way street. Your description above is not very flattering either BTW.

I don't agree with everything that DaveH believes, but I'm willing to discuss it with him without calling him names. Likewise anyone else here on the forum. My retort was meant in jest. Why would bobech feel the need to read and reply to something that he found "annoyingly nutty"? Seemed reasonable to believe he was trolling.

Since our government was formed by men who didn't trust governments, it's actually a national pastime to not trust the intentions of those in power. Lot's of people in the US have made the mistake of believing those in charge are infallible before. Our history is littered with such abuses (think of the Japanese interment camps in WWII). Currently I live in a state where the governor pushed an agenda to outlaw any weapon that is capable of using a a magazine that holds more than 7 rounds. Anyone owning such a weapon would have to sell it out of state or turn it in to the government. As a thought exercise can you name any semi-auto pistols that cannot take magazines that carry more than 7 rounds?

My original post had to do with the present administration deciding it had the right to execute American citizens without due process. So far at least three American citizens have died from drone strikes - who just happened to be (in the words of an administration spokesman) in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was no investigation, nor charges brought up against those responsible. Think on that. If a grunt over in Afghanistan shoots an innocent bystander (much less one who is an American citizen) what would happen to him? This Administration has proven very antagonistic to soldiers on the front line. Being an off topic post is morphed into something else, but still remained in the "don't trust the government" vein. Which was all good with me. Nothing more than guys sitting around talking with each other. Then bobech walks up, insults everybody at the table and leaves. A very classy move BTW, but since I respect people's rights to their opinion I responded in a like form (not wanting him to think he was unworthy of a reply).

Yep, two distinct camps ... both on the far polar ends of one another. Sheep and Preppers = two camps, no middle. I'll allow myself the illusion of a middle, as grey as that may sound to some.

Bobby my description was in jest, as was the "sheep" depiction; apologies if it somehow was seen as an offense to you or another MWRine. I'd like to think there's a rational middle. There is obviously a lot of debate about the drone strikes you mention in your initial post; quite bit actually. I'm very happy to know that debate is ongoing, and happy to think of myself in neither camp.

I'll return to watches, where I'm firmly in the "love 'em" camp. Kind regards, B.

Default Bah...!

In the derisive, not ovine, sense.

Default Bobby, you might build a 1911 factory in NY

Sell quite a few.

Sorry for hijacking your thread and apologize to anyone who might have found my comments offensive. Take them as coming from a frustrated old man. Billy, bobechs, excuse my outburst. Won't happen again.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Yep, two distinct camps ... both on the far polar ends of one another. Sheep and Preppers = two camps, no middle. I'll allow myself the illusion of a middle, as grey as that may sound to some.

Bobby my description was in jest, as was the "sheep" depiction; apologies if it somehow was seen as an offense to you or another MWRine. I'd like to think there's a rational middle. There is obviously a lot of debate about the drone strikes you mention in your initial post; quite bit actually. I'm very happy to know that debate is ongoing, and happy to think of myself in neither camp.

I'll return to watches, where I'm firmly in the "love 'em" camp. Kind regards, B.
    All's good on my end too

Quote Originally Posted by bobechs View Post
    In the derisive, not ovine, sense.
    Still trolling? How's living under a bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Sell quite a few.

Sorry for hijacking your thread and apologize to anyone who might have found my comments offensive. Take them as coming from a frustrated old man. Billy, bobechs, excuse my outburst. Won't happen again.
    D
    Dave, you're welcome to talk about anything you like in my threads. We don't always agree (although we often do), but I always appreciate your input!