Thread: I can't work this out?

Default I can't work this out?

Hi all,
    I've been scratching my head for a week on how to PM another member selling a watch in the "Post Exchange" forum.
    RTFM was kind enough to direct me to the "can't PM" thread where I discovered that you need an acceptable amount of posts before you can PM.
    I subsequently returned to the post listing the watch and was surprised to see that another member was able to PM the seller with only two posts.
    I'm confused!
    arcaro72

Default Try Posting Your E-Mail Address in the Seller's Thread...

Hi Arcaro72,

Apparently there is a time element to sending Private Messages (PMs). The other MWR member you cite has been on-line since January, and you've just arrived here in October. The "Newbie Factor" may be blocking you from sending PMs.

My suggestion for a work-around -- post your e-mail address in the seller's thread and ask him to contact you using that method. If the watch hasn't sold yet you may be in luck.

HTH,
    RTFM

Quote Originally Posted by arcaro72 View Post
    Hi all,
    I've been scratching my head for a week on how to PM another member selling a watch in the "Post Exchange" forum.
    RTFM was kind enough to direct me to the "can't PM" thread where I discovered that you need an acceptable amount of posts before you can PM.
    I subsequently returned to the post listing the watch and was surprised to see that another member was able to PM the seller with only two posts.
    I'm confused!
    arcaro72

Quote Originally Posted by arcaro72 View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm confused!
    arcaro72
    No, PMs aren't enabled until you've posted at least 10 messages. Check to see if seller have email contact enabled. I'm not sure how the other person sent a PM, or if they actually did.

You are not alone op, i have been trying to work it out as well.

So I found the answer - and its some kind of scammer protection I suppose. Probably based on bad experiences?

Unknown quantity - I have seen that on members with several 100 posts - anyone knows how that works?

Banned

You cannot directly upload images to Military Watch Resource because that option has been disabled. You'll have to host your photographs off-site, with any image hosting Website, and link to them in your thread/post.