Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Olongapo FEVER!! SEAL Reunion...WARNING Hairy wrist content!!!!

Default Hi James . . .

What's the diff in the US and UK models?

germany, close to the dutch border [GMT+1]

stunning, absolute... wow....
    the question is: "do i REALLY need another watch?"

Banned

looks like a good time had all round, all the best, a great history lesson and nice to see you all in good spirit!
    gotta get me one of them olangapo's they sooo cool! And maybe a handlebar moustache oneday too!
    Last edited by benny; 08-20-2007 at 15:48. Reason: 4got ola

Default Brilliant post

Well done and thanks

Grant
    You Only Live Twice
    Never Quit!

Quote Originally Posted by James K View Post
    Smitty,
    Thanks for this post, one of the very best on MWR for a very long time, looks like you had a great day.

Congratulations on the new baby as well.

A few questions if you dont mind, were there just USN divers there or was it divers from all the services?

Do you know what model the Citzen Promasters were, not one I have seen before and a very nice looking watch.

What are the issue marks on the case of a USN submariner?

What did you wear?

Thanks again it really is one of the best posts in a long while.

Regards James
    Hey James, hope this finds you well. The attendance was limited to current and former SEALs and Old School UDTers......nope on the divers. There weren't any frogmen from any other countrys. However, I did see many T-shirts that were made in memory of a Vietnamese friend of the teams, from what I gathered he was an interpreter and Vietnamese Frogman that was taken as their own and loved by many. I did not get the whole story at the time, although I can still find out the story from some of the old timers that are in the area. As far as the Promasters... those were not issued to my knowledge and I did not get the nomenclature on them as I was on the hunt for Olongapo bands!! Sorry!!

As far as Issue markings on the 5513s, 5512s and even the tudors......most of them had the same lay-out as that nice 7928 that gets posted here sometimes(I am sorry the owner of the watch isn't jumping out at me right now).....Most had the team followed by the three digit number and then the year. No two seemed to have been done exactly the same, and many were not even marked. However I know that they were issued....I heard it from the horses mouth.I know from experience that SEAL team supply can be a bit lax on marking gear and equipment. Not one peice of my kit was serialized!! They give out satellite updated G-shocks like its cool and don't label a one!!

I wore my 16610 #L560###. I have the Trident( Navy SEAL insignia) engraved on the back along with my class number(226).

Thanks for all the feebback fellas. I love it here!! This forum has helped me through alot of hard times...(tear, tear)....just wanna say thanks. I feel like i know you all personally and i will try yet again to make it out to LV for the mmet next year. (hope it works out this time!!).....SMITTY.
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the STUPID or WEAK!!!
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Default Olongapo watchband link.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I wore my 16610 #L560###. I have the Trident( Navy SEAL insignia) engraved on the back along with my class number(226)..
    I just read a very interesting book written by a Seal who started in 226 (through Hell Week) and finished in 228...I'm sure you know the story.
    Cheers,

You are
    What you do
    When it counts

Dennis Smith

2010 AirNautic Early Bird (#1/50 & #50/50)
    2012 Glycine "1953" Airman
    Rolex GMT II
    Damasko DA44

Default Marcus Lutrell.....Yup, I know him very well!!

And his twin brother Morgan. Marcus was on the Orielly Factor tonight. Great story!! I also knew one the Fallen SEALs quite well as well. That was a very sad day for the comunity....More men were lost in the helo crash to rescue Marcus and his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Athens View Post
    What's the diff in the US and UK models?
    Completely different, especialy the case and crown design. Infact I dont even think they do a 200m Quarts over here, its eco drive instead.

Regards James
    If I had served God half as well as I have served the King, he would not have given me over to die in such a place as this

Hey James, hope this finds you well. The attendance was limited to current and former SEALs and Old School UDTers......nope on the divers. There weren't any frogmen from any other countrys. However, I did see many T-shirts that were made in memory of a Vietnamese friend of the teams, from what I gathered he was an interpreter and Vietnamese Frogman that was taken as their own and loved by many. I did not get the whole story at the time, although I can still find out the story from some of the old timers that are in the area. As far as the Promasters... those were not issued to my knowledge and I did not get the nomenclature on them as I was on the hunt for Olongapo bands!! Sorry!!

As far as Issue markings on the 5513s, 5512s and even the tudors......most of them had the same lay-out as that nice 7928 that gets posted here sometimes(I am sorry the owner of the watch isn't jumping out at me right now).....Most had the team followed by the three digit number and then the year. No two seemed to have been done exactly the same, and many were not even marked. However I know that they were issued....I heard it from the horses mouth.I know from experience that SEAL team supply can be a bit lax on marking gear and equipment. Not one peice of my kit was serialized!! They give out satellite updated G-shocks like its cool and don't label a one!!

I wore my 16610 #L560###. I have the Trident( Navy SEAL insignia) engraved on the back along with my class number(226).

Thanks for all the feebback fellas. I love it here!! This forum has helped me through alot of hard times...(tear, tear)....just wanna say thanks. I feel like i know you all personally and i will try yet again to make it out to LV for the mmet next year. (hope it works out this time!!).....SMITTY.
    Thanks smitty, all the best.

REgards James

PS if they ever ask you if you want to get an exchange with SBS, take the opportunity, I believe they still have a SEAL post. Garuntee you'll have a good time.
    Last edited by James K; 08-21-2007 at 10:13.
    If I had served God half as well as I have served the King, he would not have given me over to die in such a place as this

Default If this isn't a candidate for MWR Classic Archives

Then there is no justice. Totally fuggen ace post.

Good luck with the nipper sir, hope all goes well.
    It is better that they do it imperfectly than that you do it perfectly. For it is their war and their country and your time here is limited.
    T.E. Lawrence

Outstanding post! Well done!

Default It is now archived.

Hope the images stay online

Banned

Default excellent post, smitty ! if you buy both for US$ 700, you might...

consider getting one repaired and give it back to the seller. you still have a great bargain with the other one. that will leave him with something to go with his memories. just a thought. all the best with the baby; try to get some sleep now ! kind regards. achim

Default Excellent post and great pics.

Who was the babe is the short and tight grey mini tube skirt behind you in the pic with Enoch?

Ah, yes!!

Default I do not know who she is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deep-6 View Post
    Who was the babe is the short and tight grey mini tube skirt behind you in the pic with Enoch?

Ah, yes!!
    But I do know that there were a lot of hunnys out that day!!!! I will say that sometimes the wives were just as wild as the frogmen!!

Default Wow! Wow! Wow!

Always was a little suspicious about those bracelets and that's what I get for being crap.

What a great day that must have been. I have a very clean 67 5513 like the one in the picture half way down. Thing is my history with it started 2 years ago which is a little sad compared to the tales those watches could tell. I imagine everyone reading this post will be might of sad they missed it.

thanks for posting and the absolute best of luck with..

A. the new baby and
    B. getting the $700 together.

Great pics! I wish I could get a band with just jump wings, no master etc... And find a way to get the $700, though it sounds like you don't need to be in a rush.

And thanks for your service!

Default Thanks Smitty...outstanding post

I think the two line two colour gilt with the minute track might be an early 5512. They looked like that from '59 until '61. Rare. Bob Moron has one on the bay for 16k (a bit high).

A lot of nice old gilt there! That old Tudor with the faded gilt is really cool and rarely seen.

Tell us more about the 5513s you picked up. S/N will give us the year.
    Cheers
    Jon

Default Excellent!!

But I do know that there were a lot of hunnys out that day!!!! I will say that sometimes the wives were just as wild as the frogmen!!