Thread: O&W M4 Gets Some Love

Smile O&W M4 Gets Some Love

Just installed a new bezel insert and a Maratac Composite. Very comfortable strap.

Ollech & Wajs M4

Last edited by weklund; 04-29-2012 at 15:51.
    Happy Landings.....

As I need a new bezel insert for mine I'd like to ask where you got hold of it and how much it set you back ?

Default Bezel action

How's the bezel action on your M4? I have one and the bezel is very tight. I have tried to get it off to see if I can make it better, but can't even manage that.

Thanks,

Myron

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    As I need a new bezel insert for mine I'd like to ask where you got hold of it and how much it set you back ?

I purchased the insert from Howard @ Wescoastime.com. The insert replacement was a piece of cake. Dug out the lume dot, inserted a dental pick and popped off the insert. Cleaned the insert cavity of the residual fatory cement with denatured alcohol and a Q-Tip. Applied a bit of Loctite Super Glue Professional Control exterior / waterproof rated via a tooth pick and popped in the new insert and that was that ......

Howard has been good to me over these many years and a good guy to deal with. Too bad these O&W's have doubled in price since they first appeared.

Good luck with your project.
    Happy Landings.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    How's the bezel action on your M4? I have one and the bezel is very tight. I have tried to get it off to see if I can make it better, but can't even manage that.

Thanks,

Myron

Hi Myron
    My bezel ring is tough as hell to spin. By far the most positive bezel tension of any watch in my collection or have owned for that matter. This can be viewed as good and bad. Once set ..... it is not going to move unintentionally. But .... if your hands are wet you are out of luck as it is too tough to turn. I have been collecting and restoring watches for 30 some years and this is the most dificult bezel to turn that I have had. My watchmaker and longtime friend, Hans Eckert, http://www.hanseckert.com/ informed me that it was not worth the effort to modify the bezel ring for easy rotation. Great watch and well worth a little bezel ring hassle.
    Last edited by weklund; 04-30-2012 at 11:43.
    Happy Landings.....

Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    I paid 35.00 for the insert. This is a very well built insert by the way.
    Happy Landings.....