Thread: Humvee Watch

Default Humvee Watch

Does anyone know anything about the Humvee Recon Watch? Thinking of purchasing for my son. Thanks

I think you'd be better off buying him a Casio G-shock, or even a Timex Ironman. Anyhow Didn't a Chinese Auto company buy the rights to "Humvee"?

Default Humvee

Thanks. I do not know about the Chinese buying Humvee. I am sure the watch is made in China. But that is not unusual, since most inexpensive watcheds and electronics are made there or somewhere else overseas.
    As far as the Humvee watch, I can not find any reviews. I know it is not an expensive watch. It suppose to be water resistance and shock resistance.

As far as I know, it's the first time it's been mentioned here. What's the expected usage of the piece? G-Shocks are highly regarded.

Last edited by martin; 02-27-2012 at 20:48.

msa6712
    Z-7

100 m less water resistancy, versus a long proven design.

You can get a Casio Sport watch for less that $20

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-W800HG-9...d_sbs_watch_12

Last edited by martin; 02-27-2012 at 21:02.

Default Personaly I'd go for the G Shock

I dont like them but they are rugged and reliable with a long history and many satified users who swear by them.

REgards James
    If I had served God half as well as I have served the King, he would not have given me over to die in such a place as this

Default Casio all the way!

I was a Swiss watch fanatic, on another site I actually got into a huge debate with a heap of Jap watch fanatics. Then I scored a Casio Wave Ceptor and WOW, what a fantastic watch. It was a Tough Solar Titanium model, realy good watch all round. I then bought a battery G-shock for work, it copped a heap of abuse and came back for more - I am a tradesman, a steel welder/ Fabricator/ Engineer- watches come and go at work. I actually have a Casio on now- I like the dual time element- you can read the hands in the dark or use the light for the digital display.
    One other that is a real Keeper- the Citizen "tough" with eco-drive (solar power) they are real hard wearing watches- wore one for 4 years to work in the worst conditions and filth- it never missed a beat! went through 5 bands though (still got it too). You know the Casio's are so clever they turn off to save power and detect your movement or light to start up again, I have one I have had for 3 years and only worn 2x, Casio G shock 5105 G-1500, 20 bar, it turns the light on when you look at the watch in the dark-automatically!!

Default Humvee

Thanks. The kid is 11 years old. I want something water resistant and maybe shock resistant but not expensive. The G shocks are large watches and so are the Timex. I am concerned those would be to large for his wrist.

Default The Timex original...

The Timex Humvee does compare in size and features with some of the the Casio Gs. And it is 200 meters water resist. This new model is only 50m, and I don't care for the small LCD segments on the display.

These Timex models are maybe 15 years old now?
    It is a nice watch but the LCD display is set quite deep in the case which makes reading the time with the wrist at an angle at bit difficult.

I find it interesting the number of 'young' people that do not wear wrist watches, as their cell phone provides everything they need.

Order of the Royal Turkey Guarded by Canines Recumbent with Oak Leaf Cluster bjp's Avatar

that Humvee looks to be a pretty long watch. I bet it's no smaller than any of the other choices laid out so far.

my friends and I were all about watches when I was a kid. this is back in the eighties, when the Timex Atlantis was the big rival to the G-Shock. We all had these full-size watches on spindly arms/wrists (heck, I've got spindly arms now). I wouldn't worry too much about that aspect of it. any real watch is going to be a bit too big for a kid. kids deal with it (kids deal with everything like champs).

however, if you do decide you want a more size-appropriate watch, you'd be hard pressed to beat the tried-and-true basic Casio:

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-F91W-1-C.../dp/B000GAWSDG

It doesn't have a super high WR, but it is light and tough and WR-enough. Can't beat the price. Can be had in any drugstore/mass retailer in the country for less than 15 bucks.

-ben

Quote Originally Posted by micheal326 View Post
    Thanks. The kid is 11 years old. I want something water resistant and maybe shock resistant but not expensive. The G shocks are large watches and so are the Timex. I am concerned those would be to large for his wrist.
    My 10-1/2 year old wears a Seiko SNX427. It accompanies him to swim lessons, camping trips, has taken a dunk in icy Lake Superior, etc. without fail. Two years on his wrist and counting. The crystal is so scratched you can hardly read it, but he doesn't care. Plus, he learns to tell time the proper way.

Myron

Default Humvee Watch

Thanks for the replies. As far as the Humvee watch it appears to be unproven as I can not find anything but one review and that is on Amazon. The guy gave it a good review though.

Didn't Sinn do a Humvee watch too?

I almost wanted to suggest baby-G for smaller wrist.

But after s search on Amazon, baby-G are going for more than something like a proven DW5600E ... LOL

Anyway, my first watch was a Casio, and I still wear Casio (along with other watches).

I would put my money down on Casio over (Humvee) any day