Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What do you think: Are these military issue #s?>>>

  1. #1

    Default What do you think: Are these military issue #s?>>>

    And if so, for what nationality and branch of service? British perhaps?



    TIA,
    T.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    7,102

    Post ? . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by tomvox1 View Post
    British perhaps? . . .

    Hi Tom,

    The markings do not appear to be of British military origins, to me! . . .


    Best regards,

    Dave.



    BTW, difficult to judge out of context! . . .

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    No proof, but it reminds me of the (un)usually cryptic Canadian markings, whenever they bother of use them.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hey tomvox1

    I have seen the 844/3 markings on old french made Heuer dive watches from the 70ies when Heuer got the cases (or whole watches) from Monnin in France.

    So I would say these are Heuer markings. Still do not know what the other markings mean.

    Maybe this helps anyway.

    Greetings from Germany.

  5. #5

    Default Ah-ha, so common to certain Heuer divers then...

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    Hey tomvox1

    I have seen the 844/3 markings on old french made Heuer dive watches from the 70ies when Heuer got the cases (or whole watches) from Monnin in France.

    So I would say these are Heuer markings. Still do not know what the other markings mean.

    Maybe this helps anyway.

    Greetings from Germany.
    ...but no military connection?



    I wonder why Monnin put these elaborate #s on these then?
    They did not put them on all apparently, though:
    http://classicheuers.blogspot.com/20...ade-diver.html
    And theoretically some were issued to French Legionaires:
    http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/...mes;read=10233
    But I'm not 100% certain of this claim...
    Thanks & best,
    T.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    460

    Default

    whats the dial look like?

    I know the 844/3 is usually on the Monnin case like that, don't know about the others.. but since they are all the same font and engraving style, I would say they are factory...

  7. #7

    Default Dial...

    Quote Originally Posted by tmpass View Post
    whats the dial look like?

    I know the 844/3 is usually on the Monnin case like that, don't know about the others.. but since they are all the same font and engraving style, I would say they are factory...


    Early (pre-Tag) Heuer Prof Diver.
    Best,
    T.

  8. #8
    Member Jarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    35

    Default

    This is no military markings. 844 is the ref. number for an Heuer Automatic divers watch. It was made in five versions, 844, 844/2, 844/3, 844/4 and 844/5. The last was with TagHeuer dial. The others Heuer only.

    The other numbers 6182W20 is just the case ref. number. It's on all vintage Heuer divers from this period. Except the very first, the French made 844 with the 24 hours dial.

    Sadly some Ebay sellers claim that this is military markings on demand crazy money for them. Stay clear... Normal price would be 300-600 USD.

    This is nothing but a well worn early Heuer ref 844/3. It should low priced in this condition.

    Cheers

    Jarl
    www.classicheuers.blogspot.com
    Last edited by Jarl; 02-05-2010 at 15:48. Reason: added more info

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey Tom sent you a request.

    Not sure how to get in touch, had a question regarding this watch.

    Best regards,
    A

  10. #10
    Super Moderator dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    7,102

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by Kernkraft400 View Post
    Hey Tom sent you a request. Not sure how to get in touch...
    use email via the profile page - http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/member.php?747-tomvox1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •