Thread: Do you collect all military items or just watches?

Default Do you collect all military items or just watches?

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to military watch collecting but I can see it being something I spend a lot of time on!

What I'm wondering is, do a lot of you collect other military items? I see some posts with watches beside guns etc...

I have two military watches, gurkha knife, Nazi cap badge (never sees the light of day - the Mrs objects), a spit fire nose cone (dug up) and that's about it...and by what's listed you can guess these were all just happen upon finds

Default military collecting

My interests in collecting center around WW2 U.S. stuff. I started when I was 11 or 12 years old (a long time ago). It started with patches and field gear. I collect certain uniforms, helmets, and U.S. military watches for the past 6 years or so. Any Nazi stuff (insignia, medals, flag) came from my dad and his cousin who were WW2 veterans. Like Indiana Jones, I'm not a big fan of Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by David Reynolds View Post
    My interests in collecting center around WW2 U.S. stuff. I started when I was 11 or 12 years old (a long time ago). It started with patches and field gear. I collect certain uniforms, helmets, and U.S. military watches for the past 6 years or so. Any Nazi stuff (insignia, medals, flag) came from my dad and his cousin who were WW2 veterans. Like Indiana Jones, I'm not a big fan of Nazis.
    Nor am I David but I find these things on my travels Are you American yourself or do you just find the US military items more interesting? I have to say that I enjoy collecting/wearing 1950s American clothing...

Yea, I live in the U.S. of A. I collect what I like which centers around WW2 U.S. military. Weapons might be a possibility down the road. They can be pricey depending on the condition. I have 15 U.S. issued watches in my collection and USMC (3 Hamiltons, 1 Elgin) are the latest additions. Gurkhas played a significant role in the Italian campaign during WW2.

Yes i have been collecting british army cap badges from 1888 to the present day now for 30 years plus.
    Most you see on the net and in collections are fake or copies.
    WW1 badges are my favorite such as infantry,cavalry,yeomanry etc.
    I only collect original items.
    If you would like me to post any feel free to ask.
    I am also a moderator of a sub British army cap badge forum.

Issued military compasses from any country, Military issued weapons I have a Mouser P-38 issued 1943, Issued Remington Rand 1911 1944, Issued IBM M-1 carbine, Argentina Fed issued Hanford Colt 1911-1932 date Issued WW2 knifes, Being a ex Boatswains Mate in the US Navy I also collect deck knifes, And a few issued patches, Aircraft clocks, ships clocks and ships chronometers plus the issued watches even got a issued box of colt 1911 45 ammo from WW2 wonder if I loaded it would still fire And WW2 air crew wings Use to go to Military collectors show in Calif. before I moved and you would still find WW2 surplus like the stuff I use to find in the 1960's as a kid but at a higher price than when I when I was a kid. Now if you go to a Surplus store today all you find is that new stuff that nobody collecting yet. There was another post like this one see below
    http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...hlight=compass
    Last edited by river rat; 06-25-2016 at 18:51.

Hello River rat.
    Sounds like a nice collection there my friend
    Last edited by David_1; 06-25-2016 at 21:22.

As you can see in the image above, I like to put things together. The clock with an original period image of the type of aircraft it went in, some insignia, etc. All fun. Pistols can be a pain because of the paperwork but if you have a nice WWII military firearm why not get a timepiece to go with it?