Thread: Olongapo watch bands..

Default Olongapo watch bands..

Lately Iíve been looking up Olongapo watch bands on the web. I was wondering how many out there actually ware them, are they comfortable, reliable and do they cause excess wear on the watch.

Perhaps you could share some photos and stories behind your Olongapo bands.

Thanks to all who reply

Default Most are newly made not vintage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike...CDN View Post
    Lately Iíve been looking up Olongapo watch bands on the web. I was wondering how many out there actually ware them, are they comfortable, reliable and do they cause excess wear on the watch.

Perhaps you could share some photos and stories behind your Olongapo bands.

Thanks to all who reply
    And, yes, they can cause excessive wear on the lugs. You need to tweak them with a fat spring bar and a dremmel tool so they won't hit the lugs and ding them up.

In the dark, all the kittens are grey.

Default Olongapos

I have several vintage olongapos and wear a couple of them with some regularity. Its kind of the luck of the draw to find one that fits both the watch and your arm comfortably, but when you do they're great. They do need to be cut deep enough at the lugs not to scratch the watch. Another trick I have found is to find one whose lug width is slightly smaller than the watch (like maybe an 18mm on a 20mm watch) and cut two tiny spacers from a clear ball point pen refill to slip over the springbar and go between the band and watch lug. This really helps tighten up the fit and prevents the band from wearing into the watch and is pretty much invisible. Here is one of mine. I just won another one on E-Prey that I am hoping to put on a Tigershark that has been modded with a Yao 3-6-9 dial. Can't wait to see how that's going to look. Tom

Most comfortable combo I've ever worn.

Tim, that looks like one of Harbucks bands.
    I was saddened to hear that he has suspended his web site.
    Does anyone know when or if he is going to go back to taking orders and selling them?

I too have a 6105 that I think would look good with an Olongapo bracelet, your picture only confirms this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabi View Post
    Does anyone know when or if he is going to go back to taking orders and selling them?

I too have a 6105 that I think would look good with an Olongapo bracelet, your picture only confirms this.

Hi, nope, this one is vintage and original. Harbucks is good choice if you want something custom done, but can get expensive. Original ones can be found (but few and far between) for typically $100 or less.

Tim

Tim, I grew up an Army brat, and lived all over SE Asia, now I live in Hawaii, and still travel a lot there.
    I just love those old style Olongapo bracelets.
    I have one, but am always on the lookout for another.
    I too would love to put a 6105 on one.

Tim, I grew up an Army brat, and lived all over SE Asia, now I live in Hawaii, and still travel a lot there.
    I just love those old style Olongapo bracelets.
    I have one, but am always on the lookout for another.
    I too would love to put a 6105 on one.
    Not sure how Billy's collection is fairing, but it is a collection of Olongapo to drool over. Same here, even if I don't have a watch to put on it, I'm always wanting more Olongapo bracelets. I have two currently (other is a more recent made one, not Harbucks though, Phillipinne made), and a "third" that is similar to these, but has a deployment clasp on it.

Tim

My understanding is that he is a commercial diver and is out on a job. He should be back in the bracelet business once he's made his 'real' money for the year - maybe 4-6 months I'd guess
    Cheers,

Colin

Capo-at-Large, Brooklyn Dive Watch Mafia

Default Seiko 6105 on Original Olongapo

Collect, Howzit.
    Sublime.......

Default Wabi -Greetings from Oahu

Shaka Brah