Thread: WTK:Which one is better made? Luminox or Traser??

Banned

Default WTK:Which one is better made? Luminox or Traser??

Recently I have the chance to compare both Luminox and Traser watches in the total drakness environment and for some reason it seems like Traser watch is much brighter than the Luminox. But since both are the same manufacturer and I still prefer the Luminox over the Traser watch. Here's what I want to know. Which one is better made watch. Luminox or Traser? Please share your thought on this. Thank you

Default I could be wrong but I don't think that

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Watch View Post
    Recently I have the chance to compare both Luminox and Traser watches in the total drakness environment and for some reason it seems like Traser watch is much brighter than the Luminox. But since both are the same manufacturer and I still prefer the Luminox over the Traser watch. Here's what I want to know. Which one is better made watch. Luminox or Traser? Please share your thought on this. Thank you
    Luminox and Traser are currently made by the same company. They used to be and naturally the tubes are coming from the same source but the rest of the watch I am pretty sure are made by two different companies now, with the exception of the common case styles they offer. Luminox is currently teamed up with the same company that makes the "Mondaine" labeled watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Watch View Post
    Marathon.
    "But if, as we have so many times before, we rise to the occasion, we will not enjoy merely the illusions of safety, victory, and honor, but those things themselves. In our history it is clear that never have they come cheap and often they have come late, but always, in the end, they come in flood, and always in the end, the decision is ours."
    -Mark Helprin, 9/12/2001

Don't be fooled by the amount of "phosphor" they put in the hands. It's not how bright the watch is that makes a watch "tactical." Just the opposite.

Would you rather have hands with 25 millicuries of tritium and a small amount of phosphor or a set of hands with 20 millicuries of tritium and a huge amount of phosphor. Which will still be legible in 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by matthb View Post
    Marathon.
    +1
    Have a bandit day.

Tritium has a half-life and it decays with time, so light intensity is also dependent on the age of the watch or rather the age of the tritium tubes themselves.

Default Get a Marathon!!

Just as the guys have said above, get a Marathon!
    Traser and Luminox aren't really issued watches, I have seen a few being worn by military members but Marathon would make a more dependable tool watch IMHO.

BTW I have never seen a SEAL wear a Luminox, Its all hype to get the civilian public to buy their products.

Later
    Drake

Default Marathon....The newer the brighter! NT

NT

H3 Tactical - www.h3tactical.com

I discovered they were the first and real watchmaker of tubes watches. They used to produce Luminox before (Now it is Mondaine) and Traser is the h3 lights manufacturer and they also produce watches. Only the new Marathon watches will be equipped with Swiss tubes that is brighter than the Canadian tubes used by Mara before. I bought a H3 Tactical Chrono and you can compare the quality there is no photo. H3 Tac quality and features are awesome.

Good luck

About the SEALS, you are right Drake, a Luminox resists only 2 months max, it breaks, the plastic case breaks.